Its coming tomorrow

drmattx

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Truro / Birmingham,
Yes my new amp is coming tomorrow; I’m tempted to take the day of college to take delivery of it. Hopefully it will solve the current brightness problem I’m experiencing.

Anyway here is a picture and expect a review in a few weeks.

h1_big.gif

E

Effem

Without knowing anything about the marque or actually hearing one myself, it's a case of keeping fingers crossed here that it cures your brightness problem

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
Yeah, but if you are prepared to learn and experience new stuff, as well be prepared to have to move it on if its not to your liking, well, its great fun. Being in the North the choice is sweet fa. I've had some turkeys. So long as I get around the same as what I paid for it when I punt it on, I don't mind. Otherwise id have components found in WHF.

U

Umberto

Sony6million wrote:

Yeah, but if you are prepared to learn and experience new stuff, as well be prepared to have to move it on if its not to your liking, well, its great fun. Being in the North the choice is sweet fa. I've had some turkeys. So long as I get around the same as what I paid for it when I punt it on, I don't mind. Otherwise id have components found in WHF.
Too true Phil. Its mostly Arcam and Cyrus Dealers in the Glasgow area. Best to go mail order and get it at a good price so you can sell it on if you don't like it.

drmattx

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Truro / Birmingham,
As I have said before Cornwall doesn’t exactly have a large variety of hifi dealers so listening to it would have been pretty impossible,I have reada few review all seemed to be pretty positive and they all agreed on its sonic characteristics and it seemed to be just what I was looking for. I know you can’t on just depend reviews, but I think it’s a gamble that will pay off.

It’s going to be used with my densen cd player and my kef xq1s should be a better match than the naim.

G

drmattx wrote:

As I have said before Cornwall doesn’t exactly have a large variety of hifi dealers so listening to it would have been pretty impossible,I have reada few review all seemed to be pretty positive and they all agreed on its sonic characteristics and it seemed to be just what I was looking for. I know you can’t on just depend reviews, but I think it’s a gamble that will pay off.It’s going to be used with my densen cd player and my kef xq1s should be a better match than the naim.
DO NOT ,REPEAT ,DO NOT READ THE RUBBISH THOSE MAGS SPOUT.

snapper

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
, ,
rudolph hucker wrote:

drmattx wrote:
As I have said before Cornwall doesn’t exactly have a large variety of hifi dealers so listening to it would have been pretty impossible, I have read a few review all seemed to be pretty positive and they all agreed on its sonic characteristics and it seemed to be just what I was looking for. I know you can’t on just depend reviews, but I think it’s a gamble that will pay off.It’s going to be used with my densen cd player and my kef xq1s should be a better match than the naim.

DO NOT ,REPEAT ,DO NOT READ THE RUBBISH RUDOLPH HUCKER SPOUTS.
At last you talk some sense.

Bird.gif.e5ad7f48d8bb596824f2dfdd3446d314.gif
:TheBird:
Bird.gif.e5ad7f48d8bb596824f2dfdd3446d314.gif
:TheBird:

G

drmattx wrote:

As I have said before Cornwall doesn’t exactly have a large variety of hifi dealers so listening to it would have been pretty impossible,I have reada few review all seemed to be pretty positive and they all agreed on its sonic characteristics and it seemed to be just what I was looking for. I know you can’t on just depend reviews, but I think it’s a gamble that will pay off.It’s going to be used with my densen cd player and my kef xq1s should be a better match than the naim.
Well obviously it s no guarantee a review but i've yet to read one that flames Hegel. As always its alot to do with the distributor as to why a brand takes off. From what i've read alas not heard they are very well thought of so i would look forward to your brand new piece of kit and ignore the self opinionated idiot from Sweden;)
tongue.png

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Crickey Rudolph, you should get off the fence mate.

FWIW Drmatix,

I have recently bought on hearsay and reviews. It worked out better than i might have expected. What swung it for me was the fact that all of the reviews I read tended to agree on the key areas of interest for me. (Prat and good detail.)

one review might be off, but when 5 or 6 from different corners of the globe agree, you are probably onto something.

Enjoy your new toy.
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

James.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.