Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jon, sorry to hear about your grief with the NAS. Personally i'd only buy a used TT from a dealer (in person, not online). E-Bay would be a big no no for me.

JonR

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 3, 2005
Herts
AKA
Unknown
Hi Phil,

Thanks.

Hands up, though- it was my own fault. Having said before that it was 'lesson learnt' after my experience with the Xerxes, what do I then do?
rolleyes.gif.fd85f9fd5d171988ef004a59c04642db.gif

thrunobulax

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 3, 2006
derby, , United King
Papa Lazarou wrote:

Jon, sorry to hear about your grief with the NAS. Personally i'd only buy a used TT from a dealer (in person, not online). E-Bay would be a big no no for me.
Re eBay, my first "win" there was an MF MVT pre, i had been after one for years knowing it had a very good phono stage, it turned up and i went straight inside for the usual check over and hoover out, its original phono stage was gone, and in its place something from a cheap integrated, being my first deal on eBay i was raging, but never got anywhere with eBay`s dispute dept and ended up sending it in for a rebuild, and swallowed, it almost put me off for good, but since then i have had no problems whatsoever in over 275 deals, in fact i eventually sold the MVT there and replaced it with a mint MVX.

It does have its faults but on the whole i think its a good thing, in particular for those that cant get about for a rummage through boot sales and auctions.

I have bought T/T`s there but in the knowledge that i will probably have torebuild them, but thats my thing, so no problem.

JonR

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 3, 2005
Herts
AKA
Unknown
Update on the NAS.

The seller got it back yesterday, unpacked it, discovered what the problem was, and rectified it...all within a matter of minutes!

It turned out that the cause of the 'wonky' platter was one of the three allen bolts that attach the spindle to the platter had been insufficiently tightened. A quick adjustment and apparently everything is 100% again
rolleyes.gif.fd85f9fd5d171988ef004a59c04642db.gif

Anyway, by this time I had already received his refund cheque in the post, with some extra on top to cover the cost of posting the deck back to him, which was very considerate of him. He had offered to send me the deck back, having fixed it, but I declined. So it's back to square one, but I have already been in contact with a suitable dealer aboutthe possible purchase of a brand newNotts Analogue tt, and a dem is to be arranged in the very near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.