Jeff Buckley

G

Ok i know some of you are not fans but this post is more about explotation than the mans music. Buckleys back catalogue is limited to say the least. One album , a couple of live performances and an album of unfinished songs namely "Sketches". Ihave them all .That's just not enough for the record company. Wandering through Amazon i spotted this

51cpNdV8aUL._SS500_.jpg

All the tracks are pulled from the above mentioned albums . No remastering from newly found tapes, just pure blatant exploitation
angry_smile.gif.8c0f636dd68eb7da5c2577e161ee9e27.gif
. Enough . Buy Grace legacy edition and be done . Let him rest in peace

G

At leastSrv made quite a few albums before he bought it.

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
Duvet I agree, I have eveything the chap has done on CD & Vinyl (Sketches, Mystery White Boy, Grace & EPs), I then bought the Grace EPs which have loads of live performances and b-sides. Dont think they can "repackage" him much more now though IMHO. But they will try.

ErikFH

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2005
Netherlands
AKA
Erik
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Isn´t his motherresponsible for that? Thought I readin an article recently thatnobody dares to disagree with her view onhow to treat his legacy.

G

RichardG wrote:

yup - you are correct - mum has absolute control - the reissues are nothing to do with the record company
That makes it worse then
sad.png

zygote23

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 10, 2006
North Ireland, ,
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had a pint with him when he played Belfast (I'm sure I've mentioned this before)on the Mystery White Boy tour.

TBH I was quite surprised at how down to earth he was. One thing struck me though was that he just loved music and music makers. He was with Glen Hansard from the Frames and they were quite happy to rattle on about the songs they loved.

I love Grace but I'd have to be in the mood for it otherwise I'm on Anthony's side and just hear wailing
wink.png

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
maybe i should give it another listen. perhaps i was in the wrong mood as zygote suggests. perhaps not
biggrin.png

the other big disappointment for me was Eva Cassidy. Liked the first few tracks but went off it by the end of the album, too sickly sweet for my tastes.

lstanley

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 4, 2005
Bangkok, , Thailand
AKA
Les
There's definitely a tendency to glorify those no longer with us that's for sure, in music as much as everything else. Personally I never really understood all the fuss about Jeff Buckley, great voice sure but I thought Grace was very patchy.

Nick Drake on the other hand, I've always been a fan, and am looking forward to the "new" one, Family Tree. OK it'll all be hissy recordings of practice songs he made in his bedroom but who cares.

Both damn good looking chaps though, if you like that sort of thing
biggrin.png

Apparently his Mum even sings on one track.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.