• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Jonathan Wilson Norwich gig, this Monday 2nd December

goomer

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 22, 2007
Suffolk
In case anyone interested didn't know, the excellent Jonathan Wilson is playing at the Arts Centre in Norwich this coming Monday, and unlike the rest of his UK tour, there are still some tickets left at present. If you haven't heard him but like a '70s West Coast USA' sound, then have a search on youtube (or Spotify if you use one of these new fangled streaming services) for a listen. His recent Fanfare album includes appearances by David Crosby, Graham Nash and Jackson Browne amongst others, to give you an idea of the sound/quality on offer.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Went to see him in Liverpool last night at a fabulously intimate venue called "The Kazimier."

He conjured a fantastic sound from his five piece band. The new songs held up really well against the "Gentle Spirit" stuff too.

The bass player had the thickest glasses I've ever seen and the "grooviest" look since 1969 and what a player he was, as were the whole band.

Enjoy the Norwich gig.

goomer

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 22, 2007
Suffolk
Enjoy the Norwich gig.
I did, thank you, and thought they were awesome - obviously great musicians who have played together a lot. Always a pleasure to go to the Arts Centre, too. I think they lost a few of the crowd towards the end, possibly through the slightly jamming nature of the performance, but I was well impressed and just wish that the Chris Robinson Brotherhood would tour the UK - Jonathan Wilson's band had that sort of vibe for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kengxx