Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2008
London uk
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As I mentioned previously, BT have changed my router from Open Reach Modem and Halo3 hub to a new Smart Hub 2.  This is apparently a better, more advanced hub which combines the two previous boxes.

Wifi through the new hub is great. I can use JRemote on my iPad to control my idpi perfectly.
My Panasonic Viera smart tv recognises the idpi too! The TV is wired to the hub.

On my pc I have JRiver 27 for Windows - latest version - and this pc is a wired ethernet connection to the hub.

HOWEVER, with the Halo 3 hub I could see the media network server from JRiver on my tv and play movies, music etc in my tv room from the main JRiver setup.
[The idpi serves my music files into my hifi in the living-room]

The Smart Hub 2 allows my pc to access the internet, but it will not connect to my internal network - so the media server on my pc is now unseen by any devices on the wifi network.
VLC on my iPad used to see it and I could play video or music on my iPad. (Useful if I wanted to watch a movie while my wife was watching tv.) But no longer is this the case.

I am not entirely an ignoramus with networks, but this has me completely nonplussed.

Has any UK user had this problem, and if so how did they solve it?  Any help expressed simply will be much appreciated.

Cable Monkey

Staff member
May 16, 2006
Birmingham, UK
AKA
Henry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Your PC might see a new router as a different network and use different security parameters as if you are at work or a guest on a public network. 

• Upvote
Reactions: Strider

bohemian

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2008
London uk
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I do not know for the life of me what I have done or changed while tinkering with network controls etc on my pc - 

BUT. everything is working fine tonight!  

I am fair gobsmacked and fair capped!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles