Just had a massive row.

gaul

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2005
LONDON, ,
Duvet wrote:

When is a massive if. At the moment i have an offer on the table from a dealer at £4k for a three month old pair with SDSS stands. Thats basically half price.
Don't lose your judgement. What matters is not rrp but final price.

£4k is still a lot for a pair of wood boxes reproducing sound... at least for non-Hifi lovers...
wink.png

G

gaul wrote:

Duvet wrote:
When is a massive if. At the moment i have an offer on the table from a dealer at £4k for a three month old pair with SDSS stands. Thats basically half price.
Yes mon ami. Are you missing one of these:shock:

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Another here saysthey look awfulDuvet!

Surely there are other great sounding speakers that don't look so pig ugly?:Not Sure:

A

Alex A

cjr wrote:

Mrs Duvester obviously has a fine ergonomic & asthetic viewpoint on life.Seeing as most here are giving her a hard time I thought the good lady needs some support. Shame on you Bedspread, your better half is obviously right, Ive heard speakers that were sublime to me but would never grace my abode. Now if you had got a pair of boat tailed solid walnut efforts, you could have been sharing that bottle of wolf blass.

tongue.png
I completely agree with Colin. Wohoo. Cremona Auditor or Guarnari if you can afford, and you will experience both sonic and marital bliss. I mean, I don't even have a Mrs to worry about and I still got them after extensive auditions of ugly as sin alternatives.

G

gaul wrote:

Duvet wrote:
Don't lose your judgement. What matters is not rrp but final price.

£4k is still a lot for a pair of wood boxes reproducing sound... at least for non-Hifi lovers...
wink.png
Gaul if they were full retail id still want them

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
first rule of hifi purchasing is that it's easier to get forgivness than permission.

send her out shopping one day and get them changed over in her absence.

she won't notice :sw:

alex

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 6, 2005
, ,
I think they look great but what do I know, this is someone who doesn't care for sonus fabers. ( looks not sound ) If you are thinking about an extension make sure you build a seperate room for music, this is what I did then all you have to do is say good morning and goodnight.

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yup. Coffins. You'd have a pair of coffins in the lounge.

Become a goth and redecoratelistening roomin dark colours. Have a pentagram embellished rug, etc. Then the speakers won't look out of place.

G

I think they look mighty fine Danny, and if they'recoffins, then folk in holland must be pretty short.

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Get the dealer selling the speakers you want, to supply the biggest ugly looking mother speakers he has tell the other half you really want them, then she backs down and let you have the others

party4.gif.af93715a971cd102256f35cade2c9c1e.gif

Or do as there hifi choice forum members did and show the wife mine and mad hippy speakers end of problem.
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
not failed yet

or just tell her your the man of the house and you will do as you want and its tough, and the boys on the forum said you can have them

rofl.gif.57a0859802223cfb25763a5f876a4be6.gif

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jezzer wrote:

Yup. Coffins. You'd have a pair of coffins in the lounge.Become a goth and redecoratelistening roomin dark colours. Have a pentagram embellished rug, etc. Then the speakers won't look out of place.
Yup, Duvet's becoming a gothic queen alright :pI can understand Mrs Duvet's distress. Imagine inviting friends over for an afternoon knitting session and tea and cakes, with those ominous coffins around...
glum.gif.19305e5ca189352e84c85f8ec971e437.gif

Interesting to see how this soap opera turns out. I'm staying tuned.
biggrin.png

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
Another one who likes the look of the Kharmas here; also love thelooks of most SFs...

Mrs B's main aesthetic criticisms of speakers I considered was of multi-coloured, muli-driver stuff, eg B&W 703 or 704, MA GR20, all of which I think look pretty poor also.

Get out of this one and stay cool, eh Danny?

Boxer

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
i think they are ok and at least they are not big, shiny, black and SQUARE, but just big, shiny and black. glass half full :ptactics should be used.

i can understand why a lot of people (incl. me) prefer a natural wood finish though. seems to be less obvious

wow and flutter

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2005
Harrow, , United Kin
AKA
Mark
Anthony wrote:

i think they are ok and at least they are not big, shiny, black and SQUARE, but just big, shiny and black. glass half full :ptactics should be used.i can understand why a lot of people (incl. me) prefer a natural wood finish though. seems to be less obvious
Yu mean like these

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles