Just had a massive row.

G

Ok so hifi's not life and death but just had a massive row with the missus. Laid me cards on the table and made my big speech. You know the one where the picture doesn't do them justice. You won't notice them . I 'll fecking cover them up with some nice fabric when they're not in use. Result she's upstairs watching the feckin comedy channel and i'm halfway through a bottle of Wolf Bass. Oh yeah here's the reason for the massive row. I've finally decided what speakers i want. I've nailed my colours to the mast. Yes i've heard them and that makes it worse. Yep you've guessed it Earl. Its those feckin coffins afterall.

Kharma_CE22_04.jpg

:Upset:

E

Effem

Oh dear Danny I bet your conjugals have gone AWOL for a fair while too.
shitsfan.gif.cd1d9f23de26db569aa7ef6be1db61f8.gif

E

Effem

Nah, the black will match his eyes nicely when he gets them home :green:

G

Effem wrote:

Oh dear Danny I bet your conjugals have gone AWOL for a fair while too.
shitsfan.gif.cd1d9f23de26db569aa7ef6be1db61f8.gif
Oh i can have them Frank and for a steal of a price. Thats not the issue. Its the twenty grand fucking extention to house them in i object to.

bommer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
STEVENAGE
AKA
JOHN
there feckin gorgeous duvet....dont see a problem.

just not in black though mate.

go upstairs and give her a cuddle and tell her you love her;)

G

supercapman wrote:

Wouldn't some nice real wood finish make them a tad more wife friendly and not piano black?
Well she liked the Eidolons till i told her the price:p. Nah SC they're a resin compound doodah structure. I can't even afford their lowest wooden enclosure.

wow and flutter

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2005
Harrow, , United Kin
AKA
Mark
supercapman wrote:

Wouldn't some nice real wood finish make them a tad more wife friendly and not piano black?
You mean some thing like Oak, with brass handles on the side and perhaps a gold filigree cricifix just below the bass driver.
biggrin.png
:D:D:D

At least his wife would be able to save on the funeral director's bill!

"What kind of coffin?"

"That won't be necessary, I can supply my own, - both of them?"

"Both of them?"

"Yes, I want the testicles to be buried separately":raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao:

W&F

G

ultrasonic wrote:

Show her a picture of Davewhits speakers:minikiev:
Show her . I've a better idea. I could lock her in one of Dave's speakers.

E

Effem

Now look here Danny take some good advice from a man of experience in these things. Go upstairs, draw yourself up to your full height, take a deep breath, look her in the eye and tell her straight in a firm, manly, virile way:

"Look here bitch, what I say goes . . . . right?"

When you eventuallyrecover consciousness, try Plan B usingthe subtle approach by giving her some flowers, a voucher for £5k at a health/beauty farm and promise to do the washing up for the next 20 years and you'll stop calling her mother names.

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Danny, you are soooooo screwed.

Those aren't the worst looking speakers I've ever seen...
biggrin.png

....but they're in the top three, easy.
sad.png

G

Frank if you asked me to explain the difference between them and the Benesch sound that gave me goosebumps last week i'd find it extremely hard but there is an x factor out there for everyone . Its that unknown component that ultimately sells it to us and not a spec sheet or public opinion.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You can see her point though. They do look like Coffins.

I just think you are being seflish beadspread. Perhaps you should get something more WAF friendly like these:

mission_701.jpg

Just pop them on a shelf, wire them into the stereo with some nice thin wire that you can hide and every one will be happy.

Remember all HiFi sounds the same, so those big coffins are really pointless.

G

meninblack wrote:

Danny, you are soooooo screwed.Those aren't the worst looking speakers I've ever seen...
biggrin.png

....but they're in the top three, easy.
sad.png
Maybe i've lost the plot but i swear to you all . Once you hear them the looks don't even enter your consciousness. Sound wise ;)they totally disappear

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Are you basically saying that if you bought the WB's you would always look at them and think, hey they are great, but they ain't the ones I wanted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles