kaiser chiefs ...kin hate em i do

snapper

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
, ,
Photographed them about 4 Sundays ago.

Not really my cup of tea,but the kids seem to love them.

D01D2670.jpg

D01D2766.jpg

D01D2778.jpg

And one for Hawk

D01D2480.jpg

He seems to listen to this lot'a'lot.

B

batman

i reckon the kaisers et al , have a shelf life of the average muller fruit corner... and for the record you can add franz fuckin ferdinand into that camp .. i,ll give you the opening minute of" take me out" is a masterclass in intro,s but to make a career out it is taking the piss...

P

purplepleaser

Agree on shelf life but the point is people are buying and thats what counts in the end.

Lee

B

batman

PP , careful you don,t trip yourself up mate . on one hand you say programes like the X-idol promotecrap,yet have had huge sales with no discernable talent.. stand up please G4-will young...so are you saying sales are importantor credibilty ? another point made was the kaisers, have total control, yet i predict a riot was released at least twice which smacks of cashing in record company style...

sales = talent , i don,t think that equation works ..
biggrin.png

P

purplepleaser

I am not tripping myself up. For someone how hates the kaiser you seem to know a lot about them. The song was re-released for demand only.

You are missing the point of the Kaiser's, Franz etc these bands have set up in a bedroom then spent ages touring and playing in front of a few pissed up people been heckled and then been found by a record label. These band are igniting peoples interest in music again.Increasing vinyl sales and getting a foot in the charts.That is the talent and arn't they allowed to earn a few quid.

Pop programs on the telly are money making schemes.They are now about the presenters not the so called artists. You look at the figures for the show so many million watch it.If a guy can sing like a girl,or stutter (poor lad) or you can cry on cue you get further in the show.

Sales are all Simon Cowell is after.

Talent is what the kaiser Cheifs have ,you may not agree but thousands have. They did not que up for there five minutes of fame like the pop shit did.

If the Kaisers make a few quid all the better.

The likes of the Kaisers etc have more chance of keeping the record industry going long term that Simon Cowell.

Lee

B

batman

purplepleaser wrote:

I am not tripping myself up. For someone how hates the kaiser you seem to know a lot about them. The song was re-released for demand only. You are missing the point of the Kaiser's, Franz etc these bands have set up in a bedroom then spent ages touring and playing in front of a few pissed up people been heckled and then been found by a record label. These band are igniting peoples interest in music again.Increasing vinyl sales and getting a foot in the charts.That is the talent and arn't they allowed to earn a few quid.

Pop programs on the telly are money making schemes.They are now about the presenters not the so called artists. You look at the figures for the show so many million watch it.If a guy can sing like a girl,or stutter (poor lad) or you can cry on cue you get further in the show.

Talent is what the kaiser Cheifs have ,you may not agree but thousands have. They did not que up for there five minutes of fame like the pop shit did.

The likes of the Kaisers etc have more chance of keeping the record industry going long term that Simon Cowell.

Lee
knowledge is power my friend:nerd:... i think we,ll agree to disagree on the merits of this particular genre .. its been a pleasure pal:^

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
purplepleaser wrote:

I am not tripping myself up. For someone how hates the kaiser  you seem to know a lot about them. The song was re-released for demand only. You are missing the point of the Kaiser's, Franz etc these bands have set up in a bedroom then spent ages touring and playing in front of a few pissed up people been heckled and then been found by a record label. These band are igniting peoples interest in music again.Increasing vinyl sales and getting a foot in the charts.That is the talent and arn't they allowed to earn a few quid.

Pop programs on the telly are money making schemes.They are now about the presenters not the so called artists. You look at the figures for the show so many million watch it.If  a guy can sing like a girl,or stutter (poor lad) or you can cry on cue you get further in the show.

The likes of the Kaisers etc have more  chance of keeping the record industry going long term that Simon Cowell.

Lee
LOL, great thread... shame im just playing catch up
biggrin.png

Im with Lee on this, you may not like them but they have been an undeniable hit as the festivals this summer.

Injector said if you hate a band/singer then seeing them live isnt going to help, and I'd agree most of the time.. James blunt was a sack of shit at glasto! but I was pretty neutral on the Kaisers until I heard them live. I could take em or leave them but the live performance made it for me.

Ive got into loads of stuff i wouldn't have normally touched off the back of a good live performance..

Cheers

Hawk

B

batman

.. still cant see how seeing them live can make their attricious singles more bearable mind....
wink.png
.. that modern way single is the only song i,ve had to turn the radio down for on 6 music... in a long while ..

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
batman wrote:

.. still cant see how seeing them live can make their attricious singles more bearable mind....
wink.png
.. that modern way single is the only song i,ve had to turn the radio down for on 6 music... in a long while ..
It depends on how you relate to music i guess...
wink.png

B

batman

Hawk wrote:

batman wrote:
wink.png
It depends on how you relate to music i guess...
wink.png
with taste, my friend ,with taste

snapper

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
, ,
Hawk wrote:

Great photos snapper :dude::dude::dude:
Thanks Hawk.

But they are shit.

These bands don't know how to 'light' themselves properly,

unlike the 'older bands'

...as in

MAC14.jpg

or

MAC03.jpg

G

snapper wrote:

Hawk wrote:
Great photos snapper :dude::dude::dude:
Thanks Hawk.

But they are shit.

These bands don't know how to 'light' themselves properly,

unlike the 'older bands'

...as in

MAC14.jpg

or

MAC03.jpg
hoi, wheres stevie

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hawk wrote:

I see your point Snapper... last shots are much clearer...Do you ever get to photograph Miss Spiteri of Texas fame?

Hawk
I think the forum would be most interested in any "artistic" or "glamour" shots you might have of the aforementioned chanteuse.

:bounce:

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fo those of us 45 and over we have to be careful that we don't always look back through rose tinted glasses! Kaiser Chiefs - lack musical integrity - but quite humorous all the same.

snapper

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
, ,
Hawk wrote:

I see your point Snapper...  last shots are much clearer...Do you ever get to photograph Miss Spiteri of Texas fame?

Hawk
Yes,but on neg,some red top will have them in their library.

Heres a couple that pervy AK asked for.

D01D0207.jpg

D01D0213.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles