• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

kate bush aerial ... not sure

B

batman

.... yeah well gotta say chaps , although it ticks all the kate bush boxes. it just doesn,t seem to have the X factor imo. given it a while now and had to physically get up to take her off the cd player earlier... second cd is an improvement but still lacking methinks... go ahead shoot me

G

Think of you andher naked rolling in the long grass while the birds are singing ( obviously forget Rolf Harris is there) Go on give it another spin

sport-smiley-010.gif.eb7d7aae28bdfddb41cb95990d039bae.gif

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
It's a Kate Bush album... seems to me one has either bought into the "Kate's a genius and can do no wrong" school (pace every review of Aerial & every article/interview in every magazine or paper...) or then there's me...:minikiev:

Non-Kate Bush fan Boxer

G

batman wrote:

.... yeah well gotta say chaps , although it ticks all the kate bush boxes. it just doesn,t seem to have the X factor imo. given it a while now and had to physically get up to take her off the cd player earlier... second cd is an improvement but still lacking methinks... go ahead shoot me
I voted for ariel in the 'most overrated album of 2005' thread further down the page. Unimpressed when I first heard it, cannot really work any enthusiasm up to listen to it again .....

E

earl of sodbury

Kate was the "Girl I Most Want To Do It At" when I was 16 - top teenage tossfodder
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

Apparently she sings a bit, too...

jedd

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 24, 2005
Cheshire, , United K
yes, she wore the leotard very well, did old Kate - and leg warmers and other stuff that a young man of the 80's would have loved to get his filthy hands on.

I've listened to ariel all the way through now, and I'm pretty fond of it - think it will be a real grower. I was reading through the lyrics in advance of listening and came across the 'pi' song with all those numbers and I was thinking, 'she's not going to sing those numbers, surely..' and she bloody did - and it sounded quite surreal and thought provoking somehow.

My all-time guitar hero, Dave Gilmour, discovered her, and I'm sticking by her - she was good then and she's good now!!

(apart from the track called 'Bertie' - far too soppy!)

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It has grown on me a bit, found myself singing King of the Mountain, but it doesn't seem to have the flow of older Bush.

P

purplepleaser

ClassikFan wrote:

It has grown on me a bit, found myself singing King of the Mountain, but it doesn't seem to have the flow of older Bush.
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

rofl.gif.57a0859802223cfb25763a5f876a4be6.gif

Lee

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well I only ever evaluated her for her musical content!

Seriously no doubt the cleverness of it all but having heard whatI have of the albumI am not inclined to buy it.

In fact the only Kate album I have bought is the 1st one - I was 19 atthe time and can't help remembering thatI would have liked a video as well!

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have just listened to the second CD a few times and I really starting to like it.

Now think its better than CD1

G

Sumdumgi wrote:

batman wrote:
I voted for ariel in the 'most overrated album of 2005' thread further down the page. Unimpressed when I first heard it, cannot really work any enthusiasm up to listen to it again .....
me too, although I do like her other stuff, this coulda been better, sounds like same ideas rehashed, King of the Mountain is fine , but rest is dissapointing

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
ClassikFan wrote:

I have just listened to the second CD a few times and I really starting to like it.Now think its better than CD1
I prefer CD 2, in fact I hardly listen to the first one any more. I really like this album. It's a really nice listen.

B

batman

nope after a few months and a re- appraisal. i still find it something of nothing ...its in the file with dave gilmour. nothing to dislike about either but ,for me in any case , not a great deal to make me want to put on repeat.... unlike the EELS BLAOR WOW this just gets better and better..six months in and this morning i have listened to cd2 3-(yep count-em )times.. a true classic by a true maverick:D

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having listened to both discs quite extensively now, I have to say that if the best tracks were put onto just on CD it would be a much better album. Too much of it is a bit dull, but the good bits are brilliant IMO.

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The last 3 tracks on CD2 are excellent. Well worth ownong the album for.

If you have the album but never got that far give it another go.

cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kawuschel