Kessler's Coloumn in HFC

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
I see he has his own slot now, and starts off by mentioning his his top systems. One of which is Dartzeel. Now was this not the brand he insulted in HFN? I cant remember. I wonder if this is some sort of apology? Does the man do apologies?

B

batman

dont think ne insulted them ... he had a dig at their speakers .. cant remember what they were called .. redhiko or somethng .. he got a lot of stick for that , but i think he raved about the amps and the love and attention that went into each and every amp

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
batman wrote:

dont think ne insulted them ... he had a dig at their speakers .. cant remember what they were called .. redhiko or somethng .. he got a lot of stick for that , but i think he raved about the amps and the love and attention that went into each and every amp
That wasn't KK. It was another writer. But you are correct, he went all the way to Switzerland to hear these amazing amp and it turned out the listening room was equiped with some speakers that the reviewer despised.

B

batman

hey wiggy ... that was KK .......er i.m 90% sure anyway..:Not Sure:

G

batman wrote:

hey wiggy ... that was KK .......er i.m 90% sure anyway..:Not Sure:
Yes it was KK. My copy of HFC has plopped through the letterbox this morning so i've somthing to read when i have a Thompson later on.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The article where tnhe fella shleps over to Switzerland and didn't like the speakers? I will dig it out, the one I am thinking of is definately not KK. I know, becasue I read it. Had it been KK I probably wouldn't have.

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
It was KK in HFN a few months back: went over to Switzerland to hear Dartzeel kit; didn't (never has) like their Rehdeko speakers, so slagged them off big time; various complaining letters from the Rehde family & Dennis (DNM)Morecroft; KK leaves HFN not long after; are these things linked?

Boxer

nixon_fiend

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 31, 2005
Leeds UK, ,
i ain't surprised he didn't like the rehdeko! have you seen em? they're like a pair of subs on stands! :Not Sure:

crimson_rehdeko_system.jpg

rehdeko are/were closely affilliated with dnm and crimson .. very much 'viva rhythm'

SCIDB

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
, ,
Hi,

I remember the piece in Hifi News. KK didn't like the Rehndeko speakers. He has slagged them off before.

SCIDB

E

earl of sodbury

That Naughty Biscuit wrote:

it would be a shame to think he was sacked for slagging off a product rather than just because he is (apparently) a bit of a willy
...and this year's "WigWam Understatement of the Year Award" goes to...

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Biscuit wrote:

it would be a shame to think he was sacked for slagging off a product rather than just because he is (apparently) a bit of a willy
:cool:well it was a product and a distributer too
wink.png
off to find spoon
smile.png

mlgh

Wammer
New Wammer
Oct 21, 2006
Lincolnshire, , Unit
Biscuit wrote:

it would be a shame to think he was sacked for slagging off a product ......
It was more the way he did it. I don't see anything wrong with expressing an opinion, but it was unnecessarilycrude and offensive. It was also weak editing to let it through ... and he (theeditor)has been missing for two editions now as well.

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles