Legend Wammer
New Wammer
Jul 10, 2016
London
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It should be better, I suppose the question is , is it £15k better.

Keith

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Keith what does the BXT bring to the party? As I understood Kii Three, were already a full range speaker (20hz upwards)

PuritéAudio

Legend Wammer
New Wammer
Jul 10, 2016
London
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just this minute heard that the first Kii THREE BXT modules will arrive here on the 28th of this month .

@Greybeard, the Kiis do already have superb bass, and in every room I have measured them in, they have been ‘flat’ at 20Hz , the BXTs add sixteen drivers, 4000 watts of power amplifier, they turn the Kiis into a line source, this eradicates floor cancellation , and the cardioid response of the speakers is extended lower into the bass.

I haven’t actually heard the Kii three /BXT combination yet, so I am looking forward to them arriving.

Keith

• Upvote
Reactions: greybeard

Gizza

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Mar 12, 2011
Sutton Coldfield
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just this minute heard that the first Kii THREE BXT modules will arrive here on the 28th of this month .

@Greybeard, the Kiis do already have superb bass, and in every room I have measured them in, they have been ‘flat’ at 20Hz , the BXTs add sixteen drivers, 4000 watts of power amplifier, they turn the Kiis into a line source, this eradicates floor cancellation , and the cardioid response of the speakers is extended lower into the bass.

I haven’t actually heard the Kii three /BXT combination yet, so I am looking forward to them arriving.

Keith
You need to get your list ready, Keith, of tracks with stomach-turning bass. I'm sure you going to have plenty of fun.

Reactions: deggie

PuritéAudio

Legend Wammer
New Wammer
Jul 10, 2016
London
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There is a new adjustable/levelling  ‘foot’ design for the BXT, not on the Kii website yet

http://www.kiiaudio.com/bxt.php

I am genuinely interested to hear them they have the potential to be in unequivocally the world’s ‘best’ loudspeaker.

Keith

PuritéAudio

Legend Wammer
New Wammer
Jul 10, 2016
London
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One pair will be permanently  available to demo here, in North London.

I will ask the U.K. distributor, re shows.

Keith

PuritéAudio

Legend Wammer
New Wammer
Jul 10, 2016
London
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In preparation for the BXT’s arrival, that very nice Tom Jansen from Kii just upgraded everything to the latest firmware, we then just checked everything with a bit of Radiohead.

Keith

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles