Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A good many folks will know KJF audio and their very cost effective speaker kits and amps . thought i would start an owners thread . some years back i had some of of the fugalhorn XL which are horn speakers and enjoyed them . they were not perfect but nothing ever is . and i have never listened to so much female vocals in my life 

Many wammers have tried lots of class D amps including me over many years . over past 2 years i have had some humble icepower asx50 which have really been delightful with tannoy eaton speakers . Class D still has a bit of a stigma as cold and sterile but i dont find that at all . 

there are lots of brands of class D and we have nord owners group here on the wam and ps audio [ which have icepower edge]   . so KJF have started doing their own amps which are extremely well priced and some have tried them . the KJF sa-01 stereo is a under 700 quid and the monoblocks under 1200 quid for a pair . they use hypex modules . the amp currently here is a nc 502 hypex. these are some pics to show size of amp compared to my asx 50 ghent audio . The sound into the tannoys is quite a full bass and certainly not sterile . vocals sound natural and i just love the red standby light which turns to green when in use . they run reasonably warm to touch and the XLR sockets and fittings are good quality . certainly worth trying .  It would be good to try them against the psaudio monoblocks which are well over double the price of the sa-01 . [ ps audio m700] 

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nice write up, it’s great to read others experience of these companies rather than rely on reviews. 

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As many of you know I have sung the praises of the KJF Audio MA-01 modular, multi channel (up to 8 ) power amp, that uses Hypex power modules. I have a 6 channel version to drive my active speakers, 100x2, 250x2, 500x2 wpc into 4ohms. My brother in law was so impressed he has bought the 2 channel SA-01 (Hypex 502 module), which I got to hear last week, driving his Ruark epilogue speakers, and like Phil has said they do not sound sterile to my ears, plenty of well controlled bass, and a very well defined soundstage, from an inky black background :)  

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
4 days in and things are settling in nicely , any fears that hypex would be cold are well and truly laid to rest . dinner was delayed tonight becuase eric bibb was really quitec compelling on his album LIVE at FIP . this track in my fathers house is superb and just gives that sense of presense and live feel . melody gardot also sounding very beguiling . decidely enjoyable

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The sa01  amp has to go back soon so someone else can demo . It's playing testament of youth by max richter , harps have that lovely natural sound , very smooth and engaging . Considering it's very low price it's definitely one of the current bargains in hi fi 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles