Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Haha, surely, you have some Dutch friends?
I had a Dutch girlfriend years ago, and a few friends along the way. I have a Dutch surname, therefore the interest in the Dutch language. Fortunately, the Dutch are so accommodating as about all of them have learned English so I don't have to learn Dutch. :)

By the way, I enjoyed reading the article......in English. ;)

dikki

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2019
Amsterdam
www.dikki.nl
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had a Dutch girlfriend years ago, and a few friends along the way. I have a Dutch surname, therefore the interest in the Dutch language. Fortunately, the Dutch are so accommodating as about all of them have learned English so I don't have to learn Dutch. :)

By the way, I enjoyed reading the article......in English. ;)
So you also used to live here?

I guess I was expecting more a Canadian / Dutch connection here, since I see you live in Vancouver. I know a lot of Dutch went to Canada after WOII.

Reactions: akamatsu

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So you also used to live here?

I guess I was expecting more a Canadian / Dutch connection here, since I see you live in Vancouver. I know a lot of Dutch went to Canada after WOII.

Never did live there. I did live in Germany as a child. I actually live in the USA but am located about 45 minute drive from downtown Vancouver. My house is 650 metres from the border. I moved here five years ago, so no history in the Vancouver area for me. My Dutch ancestor came over in the 17th century. :)

Reactions: dikki

dikki

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2019
Amsterdam
www.dikki.nl
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Never did live there. I did live in Germany as a child. I actually live in the USA but am located about 45 minute drive from downtown Vancouver. My house is 650 metres from the border. I moved here five years ago, so no history in the Vancouver area for me. My Dutch ancestor came over in the 17th century. :)
Citizen of the world :)

Reactions: akamatsu

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles