loogiefi

Wammer
Oct 10, 2018
London
AKA
Noil Porter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I currently have A242's with Solos (Dynamik) and have just acquired a set of Komri Aktiv speakers with Aktiv tuneboxes. I will need to add more power amps and wanted to know whether mixing klimax solos's and klimax twins in making Komri's Aktiv would work. In order to get the Komri's working acquiring three twins is easier at this stage and have an upgrade path by adding solo's at a later date. Also which amps would be allocated to which drive unit in the speakers if I was to match solo's and twins?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Webster

System doesn‘t matter - if you have mine
Wammer
Dec 16, 2019
Frankfurt a.M. 🇩🇪
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would NOT recommend mixing Solos and Twins. Regarding musicality one pair of Solos will be better. Some people in another forum say that multi-amping and multi-wiring is less musical. I‘m not in this team and drive my Komris with quadwiring and two Solos per Komri.

Diver_Down

New Wammer
Aug 19, 2021
Nottingham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I haven’t owned Komri’s myself but I have owned both the 500 twin and solos. 
Note that the amplifiers within the 350’s utilise the larger powered amplifiers for the two 8” inch bass drivers. I.e. the 1000w ones and use 200w and 100w amplifiers for the smaller divers. 
This makes sense from a power to weight perspective and would therefor try the solos on the two bass drivers and the twins for the mid, tweeter and super tweeter depending on your box count. 

loogiefi

Wammer
Oct 10, 2018
London
AKA
Noil Porter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for the responses.....as the speakers are Aktiv and I do not have the passive crossovers, going passive is not an option. Will be a while before I am able to acquire 6 more solo's. May have to swap out the solo's and get 4 twins in place so that I can get the speakers up and running. Anyone have experience of twins with Komri's in aktiv mode? I have only heard them with Solo's which was amazing. 

Reactions: Paulssurround

Ben Webster

System doesn‘t matter - if you have mine
Wammer
Dec 16, 2019
Frankfurt a.M. 🇩🇪
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
as the speakers are Aktiv and I do not have the passive crossovers
Are you talking about Komris? They are already partly active. Do you say, you bought the Komris without the internal passive crossover? Maybe you can ask the seller if he/she have it still in stock.

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I currently have A242's with Solos (Dynamik) and have just acquired a set of Komri Aktiv speakers with Aktiv tuneboxes. I will need to add more power amps and wanted to know whether mixing klimax solos's and klimax twins in making Komri's Aktiv would work. In order to get the Komri's working acquiring three twins is easier at this stage and have an upgrade path by adding solo's at a later date. Also which amps would be allocated to which drive unit in the speakers if I was to match solo's and twins?
Congratulations on your new Komris, with many years of listening pleasure ahead

I have had the opportunity to hear 6 Komri systems in person, including Ben Webster's fantastic Komris.

‘Everyone is using Solos or Twins, but never mixed them.

‘I can confirm that Ben Webster’s system with 4 Solos was sublime, and the people using only Twins was a superb listening experience as well.

loogiefi

Wammer
Oct 10, 2018
London
AKA
Noil Porter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bought the Komri's with the Aktiv Tuneboxes and so the passive crossovers were not available. I believe the original owner bought them Aktiv originally and was using them with 8 solo's. Will look into the twin route as that would be quicker solution in order to get them up and running. 6 Solo's it out of reach at the moment.

Reactions: Chris 1970

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bought the Komri's with the Aktiv Tuneboxes and so the passive crossovers were not available. I believe the original owner bought them Aktiv originally and was using them with 8 solo's. Will look into the twin route as that would be quicker solution in order to get them up and running. 6 Solo's it out of reach at the moment.
Hi, welcome to this forum!

Going from 1 pair of Solos (passive) to 4 Twins (active) in 2007 was a fantastic upgrade!

Before that – from my experience and feelings – the Komris could not be really fun with pop and rock musics.
They were too polite, say "intellectual", with a lot of incredible details, but not capable to sound simple, like a (lot better) car radio.

The Twins in aktiv made it.
The energy became coherent with the style of music: huge! 😊

• Upvote
Reactions: Paulssurround

loogiefi

Wammer
Oct 10, 2018
London
AKA
Noil Porter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi just managed to get my Aktiv Komris installed by Peter and Alan from Rococo Systems. They did an amazing job as I had a mix of solo and twin amps to drive the speakers. The sound is amazing and still getting to grips with all the improvements Aktiv Komris provide…but most of all the realism and musicality is way beyond what I have ever heard before.

Sound Hound

Wammer
Jan 17, 2019
AKA
Not Actually Canine
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi just managed to get my Aktiv Komris installed by Peter and Alan from Rococo Systems. They did an amazing job as I had a mix of solo and twin amps to drive the speakers. The sound is amazing and still getting to grips with all the improvements Aktiv Komris provide…but most of all the realism and musicality is way beyond what I have ever heard before.
There you go ! Although mixing Klimax amps might not be perfect, it's clearly doing the business for you - and that's what matters. I'm driving my Komris passive with a pair of solosD - and for me too, I've not heard better in my room (and yes, I have had a couple of pairs of K350s driven Exakt aktiv !). Suffice to say Komris are a tough act to follow - enjoy !!
While I'm here, some say Komris are too big, ugly etc. I say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and to my eyes at least they are neither !!

Attachments

• P1060121.JPG
    P1060121.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 66

loogiefi

Wammer
Oct 10, 2018
London
AKA
Noil Porter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There you go ! Although mixing Klimax amps might not be perfect, it's clearly doing the business for you - and that's what matters. I'm driving my Komris passive with a pair of solosD - and for me too, I've not heard better in my room (and yes, I have had a couple of pairs of K350s driven Exakt aktiv !). Suffice to say Komris are a tough act to follow - enjoy !!
While I'm here, some say Komris are too big, ugly etc. I say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and to my eyes at least they are neither !!
I agree......I was a little worried as my room is approx 5m x 4m and i thought the Komris would be way to big but they sound amazing and with SO they have been perfectly tuned to the room.

Attachments

• IMG_0849.jpg
    IMG_0849.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 59

Mark B

Wammer
Feb 23, 2022
North East
www.kudosaudio.com
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
It's interesting that the stands are a different colour. How did that come about?

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I agree......I was a little worried as my room is approx 5m x 4m and i thought the Komris would be way to big but they sound amazing and with SO they have been perfectly tuned to the room.

Hello!

Very nice set up :)

Two questions immediately came up in my head:
– On which driver are the Solos connected?
– The Komri are not on spikes. I never try that… did you try with and without?

loogiefi

Wammer
Oct 10, 2018
London
AKA
Noil Porter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi...Thanks! I am using 4 solos and 2 twins to drive the Komri's Aktiv. The solos are on the super tweeter and tweeter. I am using the spikes but you cannot see them as they are sittin on Linn Skeets. This keeps the speakers off the floor although the gap is very small.

loogiefi

Wammer
Oct 10, 2018
London
AKA
Noil Porter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello!

Very nice set up :)

Two questions immediately came up in my head:
– On which driver are the Solos connected?
– The Komri are not on spikes. I never try that… did you try with and without?
sorry my previous response is in relation to the system once it was all setup. The photo was pre-installation and hence why there are no wires etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles