SOLD

simon g

Senior Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2006
Lincolnshire Coast
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A serious system upgrade means that this excellent bit of kit is now available; the Lindemann Musicbook Source (Mk1). This is the second series of MusicBooks from Lindemann, and represents a decent upgrade from the original (I had one of those a few years back).

This is a streamer, DAC and analogue preamplifier. It has analogue inputs as well as digital (one of the analogue inputs is marked as 'phono'; I believe that a phono stage is installed but I'm not 100% sure and I've no way of testing!). You can plug a hard drive in to it. You can play from a NAS, or you can play from Tidal, Qobuz etc. Outputs are balanced XLR or single ended phonos.

This also has a quality headphone amplifier.

Remote control was an option with this, but I am including the remote control, which was a £70 option.

It's also a Roon endpoint, which is how I used it. I didn't have a single problem ever with connection. The app (this works with the latest Lindemann app, not the original 'Musicbook' app) is very stable and quick to connect. All the settings are east to adjust via the app.

Output can be variable or fixed.

The display is a very crisp, high contrast OLED which is very visible in room. Display can be set at various levels of brightness, plus an 'off' setting which means the display only comes on when something is being changed.

The DAC is easily set in the App to either upsample all to DSD (see Lindemann site for how this is achieved) or stick with PCM. DACs used are the excellent AKM4493.

I used this with a T+A Amp8 v2 (in one of the pictures), with excellent results. A very high quality compact system. I'm also selling the amp and will list it in due course; please let me know if of interest.

I bought this as an ex shop display (i.e. had never been lent out) from an authorised UK dealer about 6 months ago. It is in excellent condition and will come in its original box and packaging, with manual and all accessories, including the (optional) remote control.

Mine is a smoke and pet free home.

These were £3,400 new. I'm asking for £1,585.

I cna arrange carriage, at buyer's risk, by Royal Mail Special Delivery for £20.

Collection is also fine from my home near Mablethorpe.

Reactions: garn63

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles