Linn Owners

Linn Akurate DSM/Akubariks Exact Katalyst poor sound

Paul_N

New Wammer
Mar 26, 2020
3rd Rock fromthe Sun
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I use a combination of an Akurate DSM Exact/Katalyst and Akubariks completely upgraded as well. The sound though seems to be shrouded, like a curtain is hanging in front of it.

Mostly I use Tidal as source (the high quality subscription). By using a simple Denon record player DP-1200 it sounds better, which seems weird to me.
Can I have done something wrong installing the system? Need of different network cables to the internet source? Or do I need specific settings in Konfig?

Any help is much appreciated.
Peter
I haven’t used Tidal or similar but what’s your ADSM like with its other digital inputs - I.e. radio, playlist, songcast, hdmi/toslink? 

My LP12 doesn’t generally sound better to me than music from those other sources. 

So I’m wondering if it’s something  just re Tidal or a problem with all your digital sources? Not that I will know the answer but others here might.

PeterHawks

New Wammer
Dec 1, 2020
I haven’t used Tidal or similar but what’s your ADSM like with its other digital inputs - I.e. radio, playlist, songcast, hdmi/toslink? 

My LP12 doesn’t generally sound better to me than music from those other sources. 

So I’m wondering if it’s something  just re Tidal or a problem with all your digital sources? Not that I will know the answer but others here might.

Thank you for your reaction. All the other digital inputs result in more or less the same result, so I try to check my complete setup from the beginning on.

zee9

Audio Junkie
Wammer
Oct 16, 2018
New Jersey, USA
AKA
Zorawar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thank you for your reaction. All the other digital inputs result in more or less the same result, so I try to check my complete setup from the beginning on.
Did you ever resolve this?

Adsm/3 >> Akurate 4200/1 >> Majik 140’s (Silvers/K400)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles