Linn Owners

Linn remote volume control?

Billz

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Oct 11, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don’t use the Linn remote often when playing my ADSM/3K as I use Roon on the iPad. However I picked it up tonight to turn the volume down and found that I had to press the volume button repeatedly to reduce the volume one step at a time. I am positive it use to reduce the volume if you held it down. Now if you hold it down it only goes down one step. It’s the same when raising the volume. Am I imagining this or has it always worked this way? And more to the point can I change it?

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It should work by holding the button. Mine does, However, I have experienced what you are describing. I attribute it to being off axis from the face of the DSM. Perhaps your batteries are weak. Perhaps mine are too.

Reactions: Billz

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For good measure, I just tested mine. Same situation as yours. In my case, I think it's the batteries as the remote doesn't induce a very strong immediate response from the DSM. I tried the mute button, and moving it a little more off axis renders it ineffective. The thing is, I've hardly used the remote in the 3.5 years that I've owned the DSM.

MickC

Expert Thread Disruptor
Wammer
Oct 8, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m using the REM 019 remote and the volume buttons work as they should, so yes, I’m guessing batteries are the issue.

Mick

• Upvote
Reactions: HansBertil

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online