Linn Owners

Linn Selekt DSM small room speakers

ZeeW

New Wammer
May 14, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi,

I'm looking at buying the Selekt DSM with amps and Katalyst DAC for use in a small listening room that measures 4.5m long by 3m wide. I've been out of the hi-fi scene for decades and I was wondering what speakers would you suggest I listen to for a room of those dimensions?

My music is very varied and I do like to listen quite loud when allowed to lol

My budget is pretty open, so what would you recommend I audition?

Thanks

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi there and welcome.

I think the Kef R series and LS50 Meta are a good match with the Linn Select and works with a wide variety of music.

Start with the LS50 Meta as it might be all you need. If you prefer the R Series - they are due the Meta upgrade, so either wait for the upgrade or score a discount.

I'm sure you will get other suggestions as well.

Reactions: ZeeW

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Another thought, depending on taste, would be BBC thin walled speakers from the likes of Harbeth, Graham, Sterling and Spendor Classic.

These could work for you, if you listen to a lot of Acoustic and Classical Music....or you find many modern speakers a bit forward and bright sounding.

Reactions: cdrury

NL.

Wammer
Jan 8, 2019
Belgrade, Serbia
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi,

I'm looking at buying the Selekt DSM with amps and Katalyst DAC for use in a small listening room that measures 4.5m long by 3m wide. I've been out of the hi-fi scene for decades and I was wondering what speakers would you suggest I listen to for a room of those dimensions?

My music is very varied and I do like to listen quite loud when allowed to lol

My budget is pretty open, so what would you recommend I audition?

Thanks
Linn Majik 109. I use them with my Selekt, have tried them also in smaller room - just perfect! You could be confident with M109. You’ll get monitor-like sound, but with a touch of natural warmth. Kef LS50s are also great small speakers, but they lack that warmth which M109s have.

Reactions: Lorre

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kengxx