Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
i only follow the advice of diabetes uk with honey which is as per link 

"Although honey, agave nectar and maple syrup are marketed as healthier alternatives to sugar, they’re really just other forms of sugar. "

"The Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (SACN) has advised that we need to drastically reduce the amount of sugar we eat."

• Upvote
Reactions: TheFlash

parcelmonkey

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 6, 2013
Dover - Kent
AKA
Ade
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've been using this:

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Aspall-Organic-Cyder-Vinegar/210812011

As recommended to aid arthritis. You'll try anything if you suffer with the sometimes chronic pain of RA. it's supposed to have many more beneficial health effects.
That's a good price Pete, same as the one I posted but a lot cheaper. Can this only be bought via van delivery or will they click & collect? The sediment is the 'Mother' the enzyme supposedly with natures cure...

i only follow the advice of diabetes uk with honey which is as per link 

"Although honey, agave nectar and maple syrup are marketed as healthier alternatives to sugar, they’re really just other forms of sugar. "

"The Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (SACN) has advised that we need to drastically reduce the amount of sugar we eat."
Of course sugar is sugar, but not all are equal. Correct & sensible approach to anything medical is always best!

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's a good price Pete, same as the one I posted but a lot cheaper. Can this only be bought via van delivery or will they click & collect? The sediment is the 'Mother' the enzyme supposedly with natures cure...
I think it's a slightly different variant to the one you posted Ade. However it's the one recommended by a local user who went into print extolling it's virtues.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6949863/Vinegar-cures-church-organist-of-crippling-arthritis-pain.html

I usually take a trip to the local Morrisons once every few months to stock up on Aspalls, chipotle paste and red jalapenos.

I remain sceptical to it's wonder cure claims. As with all so called wonder foods people do tend to get a bit carried away with their claims. However I do use it about 4 times a week as dressing for kippers and rice and to soak red onions for a steak or chicken sandwich or even in a balsamic and olive oil dressing. I have reflux due to my meds, so I'm careful with it. It has a lovely taste.

bohemian

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2008
London uk
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I be overweight but not fat (not obese), I eat smaller portions and still have my own teeth!  As a pirate, are you not familiar with good, tasty fish recipes?

I understand your mistake in your assumption.  To err is human, to arr is pirate.

• Haha
Reactions: Gizza

plasticpenguin

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Bookham, Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am desperately in need of some suggestions for really tasty low-calorie meals.

I bought Tom Kerridge's book, which is very good , and got some ideas from that, but some of it is a bit of a faff.

51pFXW0gwbL.jpg

so please, I am sure the collective appetites of Wammers must have some good ideas.
Perhaps I can help. I actually qualified at college in cooking and food hygiene. Mrs. P has  special dietary needs due to ongoing health issues.

Diets don't work, the trick is to have smaller portions. As long as you are having a balanced diet: carbs, vitamins and nutrients and acids . Substitute salt by seasoning your food with herbs and spices, such as dried oregano, paprika... if you crave a little salt, then fry some smoked bacon in a little olive oil and remove the bacon before adding other ingredients.

One dish that Mrs. P adores is a steamed chicken dish.

Chicken breasts; mushrooms; sun-dried tomatoes; Bell peppers; rice or cous cous or potatoes; mixed salad or veggies of choice

Method:

Char the peppers off under a screaming hot grill. Once the outside is blackened wrap in cling film or foil.

Bat the chicken breasts thin between brown parchment paper or cling film until really thin. Coat the breasts on both sides with dried herbs. Blitz the mushrooms to a fine powder and dry the moisture off with kitchen towel. Add the mushrooms and or sun-dried tomatoes to the centre of the chicken breasts. Then roll tightly  in kitchen foil then add to the steamer. Steam on a medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how thin the breasts are.

You can stuff the peppers with the cooked rice or cous cous or mash the potatoes (use a little extra virgin olive oil or rapeseed oil rather than butter). Serve with your chosen veggies or salad. 

You can use fish as an alternative or stuffed cabbage, which works really well. Including the prep it takes around 35 minutes, but you can grill the peppers in advance.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles