Manchester record fair 16th Nov

Plato

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 14, 2009
, ,
I've just stumbled on this and intend going.

For those of you in the NW

Saturday 16th @ Sachas Hotel, Manchester from 10am-4pm

Vincent52

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 23, 2011
North Yorkshire
AKA
Graeme
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for the heads up. I might dig out my Manc phrase book and have a treck over the Pennines.

BTW - anyone know where Sachas Hotel is?

DJAlex

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 16, 2013
Wigan/Warrington
AKA
Darren
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sachas is just opposite Piccadilly Gardens. If you come in by train head into Manchester from Piccadilly Train Station, you pass Piccadilly Gardens on the left. Its on the right hand side, just set back a bit on Oldham Street, iirc Vinyl Exchange is on the same street

Willie Garvin

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2009
Lives near Huddersfield sadly!!
AKA
Mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

take5

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 17, 2008
lancs
AKA
brian
http://vinyldirectory.co.uk/record-fairs/manchester-record-fair-sachas-hotel-16th-nov-2013/

I went to this a couple of years ago. I wont go back.

Lots of dealers have tables set up, but I found the stuff very pricey. Some was in poor condition.

For the cost of petrol getting there, plus parking (city centre), plus £2 entry, you could spend it online and get some very nice LPs.

However, It was/is nice to rummage through loads of boxes. Reminded me of my youth.

Vincent52

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 23, 2011
North Yorkshire
AKA
Graeme
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
thanks to Mick and Darren for the directions.

I've been to three or four record fairs this year and it has been a decidedly mixed experience, so I am taking Brian and Steve's comments seriously. I've been fancying a trip to Manchester for a while though so I will probably still go and have a look around Vinyl Exchange etc and the Christmas Market.

take5

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 17, 2008
lancs
AKA
brian
Christmas market is great.

Go to Albert Square and drink hot mulled wine, and eat lots of German stuff that probably isnt good for you. I'll be there, nearer xmas.

Plato

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 14, 2009
, ,
I stumbled on the fair some years ago when I wasn't even playing records.

Don't remember much of it other than the hotel looked rather dreary - I doubt that it's changed, so yes, do take Brian's and Steve's comments seriously.

However, I will be drifting through Manchester on Saturday and will pop in just for a look.

Marvt74

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 13, 2010
Higher Walton
AKA
Martyn
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sachas is just opposite Piccadilly Gardens. If you come in by train head into Manchester from Piccadilly Train Station, you pass Piccadilly Gardens on the left. Its on the right hand side, just set back a bit on Oldham Street, iirc Vinyl Exchange is on the same street
Sachas is on Tib Street i believe, Vinyl Exchange is on Oldham Street. Best direction would be to find Debenhams and then head up the side street next to it and its about 50 yards on your right.

End of the day, whilst the Vinyl Fair isn't fantastic, i went about 3 years ago when i bought my first TT off Brian and my wife took me as a birthday present. There are some excellent record stores within a tight vacinity near by which are well worth checking out.

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Further up Tib st is a shop BeatinRhythm that specializes in Motown Atlantic etc. Just off Tib st in the direction of Oldham st you have Vinyl Revival on Hilton st. If you turn right onto Oldham st you have Piccadilly Records on your right and the Vinyl Exchange slightly further down on a corner on your left.

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles