• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

MiniDSP

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Standard Filter first well my biased expectations were given the straight line of the graph as above was shattered within a few bars . I have real doubts that the curve as shown is as what DIRAC is really applying .
I've just been catching up on some posts in this thread. Re. this quoted point @bencat , should you ever be interested a way to test what the DL software is truly doing is to do a measurement at the central measurement location only, and then go straight to generating filters. You can then compare measurements with and without the DL filter applied and compare them to what the DL software displays. Note that by doing one measurement only it means you can make REW measurements at what you know is exactly the same location, and there it removes the confusion of DL targeting a volume average.

On the DL target curve changes, it looks like the slider on the left has essentially re-introduced the Harmon target curve that had previously been removed. I've yet to experiment with what I think of it though.

Re. your observation about level matching @bencat , I do wish the DL software would display absolute rather than relative SPLs to avoid this type of confusion.

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Possibly I missed it in DL 3.3.3 but I think a helpful addition to 3.4.4 is that we can now easily toggle between the old and new default target curve types :). This can be done using the two buttons I've circled in red at the top-right of the image below, in this case with what at least at first glance appears to be with the old default selected.

DL Target Curve Type.JPG

Reactions: Tony_J

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdak02