Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Which artist or band do you own the most albums of?

Or, in your collection, which artist or band numbers the most entries?

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yep.

Floyd is tops with me (35) followed by Bowie (26), Gabriel (23), Genesis (23), Neil Young (23). The latter has 41 studio albums alone so still a lot to collect if desirable.

Last edited:
Reactions: jkbmusic

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When I had a LP collection it was an toss up between The Groundhogs and Eric Clapton , with Thin Lizzy and SAHB vying for an honourable 3rd place, all long gone now.

In my CD collection all things Richard Thompson are way ahead of anyone else, I must have 30+ of his recordings.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yello for me copies on CD some on DVD & also Vinyl👍

Reactions: lazycat

Nestor Turton

Nestor Turton
Wammer
Jan 30, 2019
Nowhere in Particular
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Beatles (includes GB/US/Japan versions, stereo/mono sets, compilations and bootlegs) and then King Crimson, Peter Hammill/Van Der Graaf, Emerson, Lake & Palmer (includes Keith's Nice & solo works) and Hawkwind (includes Robert Calvert catalogue).

Reactions: jkbmusic

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Although I’ve never counted them it would probably be James Last for albums
But it will never beat my collection of Bowie singles totalling more than 100
As a side note my mate has every vinyl edition by Pink Floyd . All the import rarities, all the singles and all the box sets .. Thing his he hasn’t a TT so all are still in the original condition of brand new ..
Be worth a few bob now …I think it’s also the same with Black Sabbath ..

• Wow
Reactions: maddog_007

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Daren't count 'em all. If you include the solo stuff, I've got 53 Floyd albums (and that's counting box sets as one), though there are a couple of duplicates. Probably about the same number on CD as well.

Reactions: EddieRUKidding

Sumdumgi

Interstellar Overdriver
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
Durham
AKA
Les
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Beatles - all vinyl singles, EPs, albums, CDs, remastered CDs, Mono and Stereo Box Sets, VHS and Film DVDs, Blu-ray films and DVD and CD Anthology - and some US versions of them all. No way I’m going to count them 😀

Genesis - all albums, vinyl and CD, remastered CD and CD/SACD box sets, DVDs, Blu-ray concerts

Peter Gabriel - all albums on CD/Vinyl plus all remastered CD and a variety of DVD/Blu-ray

ELP - most albums on CD plus lot of vinyl and a few box sets as well as individual solo albums from each band member and The Nice.

Steven Wilson - all Porcupine Tree including Bandcamp downloads, CD, Box sets, most also on vinyl and remastered CD. All Blackfield albums, all his solo albums (deluxe box sets)

All The Pineapple Thief albums and DVD/Blu-ray of which there is a surprising amount 😀

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I haven't included Floyd solo output in my total. Also, my figures above are only for LPs. I don't catalogue CDs so I'd have to count them in the rack.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online