Moving Speakers.

G

Ok audio nervosa,imagination or just bullshit. I moved my speakers from the normal position and placed them on the Auralex platforms.. I suppose the repositioning period took about fifteen minutesNow aside from bass issues in my room the speakers sounded pants compared to normal for the firstten tofifteenminutes when first fired up. Now they sound really good:dude: as if they warmed down and then warmed up again. Am i imagining this or do speakers take time to resettle themselves after a bit of jiggery pokery.:Not Sure:

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Duvet, just enjoy the fekking music. :raoflmfao:

Speakers do not take time to settle after they've been moved. Your getting confused with fridges, though I suppose it's an an easy mistake to make specially since your speakers are larger than most peoples' beer-cooling-contraptions
wink.png
as a clue, fridges are white and do not usually come in pairs
tongue.png

yes, you're imagining it. have some of these :pint:then your speakers will
party4.gif.af93715a971cd102256f35cade2c9c1e.gif
stereo.gif.78ed128503393f1c4bf77692f274c985.gif

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
You nana
smile.png

Tony I think holds with the settling down when moved theory but I might be wrong.

So does it sound better than before now or not?

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
brilliant.
rolleyes.gif.fd85f9fd5d171988ef004a59c04642db.gif
now we'll get some bright spark offering to re-gas your speakers after they've been moved.
wink.png
'snake-gas' instead of oil, naturelment
tongue.png

E

Effem

Duvet wrote:

Ok audio nervosa,imagination or just bullshit. I moved my speakers from the normal position and placed them on the Auralex platforms.. I suppose the repositioning period took about fifteen minutesNow aside from bass issues in my room the speakers sounded pants compared to normal for the firstten tofifteenminutes when first fired up. Now they sound really good:dude: as if they warmed down and then warmed up again. Am i imagining this or do speakers take time to resettle themselves after a bit of jiggery pokery.:Not Sure:
It's just your truss realigning itself you silly old fule
smile.png

G

Effem wrote:

Duvet wrote:
smile.png
Bloody true Frank. I nearly popped my eggs moving them around. And yes Ant they sound better.

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2005
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Duvet wrote:

Effem wrote:
Duvet wrote:
smile.png
Bloody true Frank. I nearly popped my eggs moving them around. And yes Ant they sound better.
ya bloody big gurls blouse, grab the top, grab the bottom and just pick it up, fgs, just as well you don'tdo it for a living, need to get yerself down the gym aul'yin.

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
kennyk wrote:

brilliant.
rolleyes.gif.fd85f9fd5d171988ef004a59c04642db.gif
now we'll get some bright spark offering to re-gas your speakers after they've been moved.
wink.png
'snake-gas' instead of oil, naturelment
tongue.png
:rofl:Brilliant!

G

Shadow Audio wrote:

Duvet wrote:
Effem wrote:
Duvet wrote:
smile.png
ya bloody big gurls blouse, grab the top, grab the bottom and just pick it up, fgs, just as well you don'tdo it for a living, need to get yerself down the gym aul'yin.
WhatsaGYM:Not Sure:.

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2005
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Duvet wrote:

Shadow Audio wrote:
Duvet wrote:
Effem wrote:
Duvet wrote:
smile.png
WhatsaGYM:Not Sure:.
Getting Your Midlife crisis
biggrin.png

G

Mr Cat wrote:

it's probably down to the fact that you moved the speaker cables....
wink.png
Yes of course . Thank for clearing that up My carpet is an 80/20 mix and the nylon does build up static. Fortunately i still have some Nordost anti static wipes and that seems to have sorted the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles