• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Musical Fidelity new X-series - anyone seen any reviews???

gsrai

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
5,991
87
0
Black Country
AKA
Gobind
Just wondering if anyone has seen/read a review of the new x-series (somebody said hifichoice had reviewed it but I cant find a copy of hifichoice anywhere
38786-6.gif.132cf51c49b8cd26f08985f56fa67647.gif
).

And before you say it, I know I'm a hifi tart addicted to MF :djermaica:

 

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
10,281
1,271
0
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes November HIFi Choice has a review of the Xrayv8 and XT100, plus power supply thing.

 

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
30,402
575
173
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
The publishing world being what it is the issue you want is the December Issue due in the shops on the 16th November, which is today, so that might explain why you haven't found it.

Subscribers get it a bit earlier.

Tel

 

Crustyloafer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
1,060
2
0
Edinburgh, , United
I have to say that they are a very impressive little package. Very well put together, apart from the CD tray, and a sound that belies their small size. The XT-100 drove our shop AE1 Mk3s with relative ease which is no mean feat.

 

gsrai

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
5,991
87
0
Black Country
AKA
Gobind
rulocal wrote:

Does anyone know if this kit is available now and whether the DAC V8 is available.Cheers
hiya

the main kit has been in shops for a month or so and I think the dac will be next year

 
E

earl of sodbury

Guest
gsrai wrote:

icehockeyboy wrote:
Yeh but dont forget, reviewed in Dec issue of mag, replaced by newer version in January! :pIsnt that what MF do soooooo well?
A tad harsh methinks
redcard.gif.e4bb2bc3520876c1792f9a324afcd589.gif
Yeah :Upset:

Be February - they'll be on holiday in January :raoflmfao:

Gobind, you're SUCH a tart - and I say that with all due fellow-feeling
hug.gif.6c8b62337c3c255c222bc063903420ae.gif
:lmao:

 

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
4,942
66
93
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
earl of sodbury wrote:

gsrai wrote:
icehockeyboy wrote:
Yeh but dont forget, reviewed in Dec issue of mag, replaced by newer version in January! :pIsnt that what MF do soooooo well?
A tad harsh methinks
redcard.gif.e4bb2bc3520876c1792f9a324afcd589.gif
Yeah :Upset:

Be February - they'll be on holiday in January :raoflmfao:

Gobind, you're SUCH a tart - and I say that with all due fellow-feeling
hug.gif.6c8b62337c3c255c222bc063903420ae.gif
:lmao:
Hey!! u movin in on mi bitch???? :lmao:

 
E

earl of sodbury

Guest
icehockeyboy wrote:

earl of sodbury wrote:
gsrai wrote:
icehockeyboy wrote:
Yeh but dont forget, reviewed in Dec issue of mag, replaced by newer version in January! :pIsnt that what MF do soooooo well?
A tad harsh methinks
redcard.gif.e4bb2bc3520876c1792f9a324afcd589.gif
Yeah :Upset:

Be February - they'll be on holiday in January :raoflmfao:

Gobind, you're SUCH a tart - and I say that with all due fellow-feeling
hug.gif.6c8b62337c3c255c222bc063903420ae.gif
:lmao:
Hey!! u movin in on mi bitch???? :lmao:
Woah! Lookit who's gettin's all Alpha-male on us!
biggrin.png


 

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Sep 1, 2005
1,233
37
93
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
rulocal wrote:

Does anyone know if this kit is available now and whether the DAC V8 is available.Cheers
Dac V8 available end of Jan, will be able to power xray V8 from this, and new xplora tuner is gonna be circa £600

 

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
17,311
64
0
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Day Tripper wrote:

There was a very favourable review in a Dutch mag recently.http://www.viertron.nl/MF/MusicalFidelity_ME10_06.pdf

Conclusion says matchless build quality, unbelievable price performance ratio, and dazzling sound quality. Reviewer will put AMs picture on the wall for this effort.
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif
I am having problems deciphering this garbled Dutch review.:Upset: Why can't the Dutch language be more like German (like 99%)? That would make my life easier.

 

rulocal

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 22, 2006
159
0
0
London, ,
Paul wrote:

rulocal wrote:
Price of the DAC?
woops. Circa £1k
Ouch! Where did you get that from? That is an awful lot compared to the v3, even if it does include a tube output. The X-ray/x-t100 is reasonably priced in comparison and I for one am interested to here it with the tube preamp.

Anyone had a listen yet?

 

Forum statistics

Threads
108,076
Messages
2,288,179
Members
69,153
Latest member
kengxx