Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2018
North Somerset UK
AKA
Raymond
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It is strange but I found the DB1i to be the trickiest to find the sweet spot when it came to placement. Whether it was the A65 or not I don't really know. Not had those issues with the TB2is.
The only thing I liked about these speakers is the bass, which was very impressive. Could have been due to positioning of course, I needed speakers that worked in corners as this was the only place I had available (built in corner shelves in static caravan). I soon sold them on and bought Audionote AN-K instead for similar money. Those I kept for a few years  ;-)

chebby

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
 I soon sold them on and bought Audionote AN-K instead for similar money. Those I kept for a few years  ;-)
On my ‘maybe one day...’ list  :)

I have the AN AX-Twos for the same reasons (optimised for use in corners).

Rayymondo

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2018
North Somerset UK
AKA
Raymond
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
On my ‘maybe one day...’ list  :)

I have the AN AX-Twos for the same reasons (optimised for use in corners).
Picked mine up quite cheaply in a "make an offer" auction,  they were a bit tatty , only really where the surrounds had been replaced, but not the most attractive speakers, especially in the basic black colour.  I drove all the way to Southampton in the pouring rain one evening to buy them. Lovely sounding speakers, very fast, detailed  and insightful with wonderful midrange and not overly bright. The Snell K can also be picked up quite cheaply these days. (Not sure how they compare though)

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This chancer is taking the rise.

Not only are they heavily marked but two of the posts are snapped.

In that case mine are worth £700, unmarked (there's a couple of light scratches) and the posts and drivers are immaculate. Some people, eh?
Mine too by that advert. Very overpriced. 

I’ll put mine on the wam soon and on eBay too. Not for that stupid cash though. £300-£350 is about top end of what they should sell for and mine are pristine. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles