netflix - anything good on there worth watching?

Sammy00

Wammer
Jun 23, 2021
[SIZE=12pt]I love Netflix. Now I’m watching “the Crown”. The series is very beautiful and well-shot. When you look, you get colossal aesthetic pleasure. But the feeling of chewing gum does not leave, as if the director is afraid to overload the viewer's brain. Instead of showing historical action (what is happening in the world, behind-the-scenes wars, etc.) - one clear chewed line. Long scenes with kisses, silence of the main characters, etc. Therefore, the impression is very ambiguous. It would be cool if the entire series showed world history through the prism of the life of Elizabeth Il. But alas, no. Everything is provided for this story to last 10 seasons. Otherwise I liked Churchill and the scenery very much. [/SIZE]

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I mistakingly tried The Defeated. Some nonsense about Berlin directly after the fall of Hitler and that crowd. It could have been so good considering the production quality but dearie me. We have an NYPD chap who has come to show the Jerry's how to set up a Police department and some supporting actresses who are not unpleasant to the eye. The acting reminds me of a certain genre of film where the dialogue is just incidental to the action that is about to take place. The Mrs continues to watch this dreadful series whilst I read and keep a wary eye out for the removal of clothes and ensuing action.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

hearingisbelieving

Wammer
Wammer
May 10, 2011
Bendorf, Germany
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The Chestnut Man - compelling and somewhat gruesome crime drama miniseries. Reminds me of The Bridge.

I recommend watching it with subtitles rather than the English dubbing.

Other recommendations:

Dead To Me

Santa Clarita Diet

Ozark

Good Girls

Reactions: greybeard

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Watched the chestnut man we found it compulsive viewing it's quite a shocking series in parts though Hilary spent some time with head in hands😂😂😂

Reactions: hearingisbelieving

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Will take a look at the others on your list Chris. Ta 

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Serpent is a series on Netflix initially made or produced by the BBC. This centres on a serial killer who preys on young backpackers in the far east. A young Dutch diplomat is one of the first to cotton on to the villain and he relentlessly pursues him to great professional and personal cost. 

This is a true story by the way and is a fascinating watch as it jumps about from year to year just to put things in perspective and make it comprehensible.

Reactions: freefallrob

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've recently watched the Narcos Mexico series which I enjoyed. Man, they don't mess about in Mexico do they?

I think I'll give that Chestnut Man a spin, I've not heard of it before but the reference to The Bridge has piqued my interest.

I was watching the latest series of Succession on NOW TV but I've given up on it after the 2nd episode as it's getting so boring and same old same old.

Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've recently watched the Narcos Mexico series which I enjoyed. Man, they don't mess about in Mexico do they?

I think I'll give that Chestnut Man a spin, I've not heard of it before but the reference to The Bridge has piqued my interest.

I was watching the latest series of Succession on NOW TV but I've given up on it after the 2nd episode as it's getting so boring and same old same old.
The Chestnut Man is well worth a watch you'll be on the edge of your seat at time & puzzled at other times👍

Last edited by a moderator:

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Chestnut Man is well worth a watch you'll be on the edge of your seat at time & puzzled at other times👍
Finished this last night and enjoyed it. Very much in The Bridge/The Killing mode which is good.

Another plus for me is that it's only 6 episodes long and doesn't go on for ever.

Reactions: MVJ

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just watched The Bombardment a Danish film about the bombing of a school in Copenhagen in 1945. If you can't be arsed watching it then just watch the last 5 minutes and if you're not moved then - - - - - . Very moving.

Tazzo

Wammer
Apr 27, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Lots of great stuff on Netflix, it depends on what you are interested in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.