netflix - anything good on there worth watching?

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The other night we started to watch a new series called Lupin. It is set in Paris and is supposed to be based on the Arsene Lupin stories about a gentleman thief and master of disguise. Well our hero is played by a chap who looks very similar in many ways to Luther or should I say Idris Elba. When he steals from the Louvre he first disguises himself as a cleaner who looks uncannily like Luther. Then he disguises himself as a multi millionaire who looks like Luther in a snazzy suit. Later he dons an orange jacket disguised as a food deliverer on a bicycle who looks uncannily like Luther. Later he kidnaps someone disguised as a  computer technician with stick on bushy eyebrows and an orange bobble hat who looks like Luther. Tonight we will watch another episode to see who he disguises himself as this time.

audio_PHIL_e

audioPHILe
Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've been watching The Crown. Last night saw the one where HRH Prince Charles got sent to Gordonstoun. I'm surprised he stuck it. I'd have left (or given them reason to expel me). Seems his Mum went along with it only because HRH Prince Philip threatened to leave her if she didn't agree.

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Summer of Rockets a 6 part mini series originally shown on BBC. Timothy Spall, Keeley Hawes and others make up a respectable cast. Supposedly based upon the family who invented the hospital bleeper systems Multitone, the induction hearing loop and other technological marvels of the time. The series was written and directed by Stephen Poilakoff who is possibly the character Sasha in the story, he is also a writer of note but not in this case I fear. Absolutely bloody awful. Trying to be quirky and trying too hard, utter childish half baked drivel. Spoiled what could have been a rather good story. I expect Hawes and Spall regretted signing up once they saw the finished product.

andyrlb

Must have shot a Robin
Wammer
Apr 24, 2016
New York
AKA
Andy
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
“This is us “ is pretty good .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My daughter and I are watching 'Good Girls' on NETFLIX. There are 3 series..!

Its early days but its the story of 3 girls in financial trouble who turn to crime...but I musnt spoil it.

Its pretty good and its sassy. One of the actresses from Mad Men plays Beth, one of the three. It would have made a better black comedy imo, but it doesnt really go there.

Jack

leenorris78

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 1, 2009
London - SE23 -HOP
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
The other night we started to watch a new series called Lupin. It is set in Paris and is supposed to be based on the Arsene Lupin stories about a gentleman thief and master of disguise. Well our hero is played by a chap who looks very similar in many ways to Luther or should I say Idris Elba. When he steals from the Louvre he first disguises himself as a cleaner who looks uncannily like Luther. Then he disguises himself as a multi millionaire who looks like Luther in a snazzy suit. Later he dons an orange jacket disguised as a food deliverer on a bicycle who looks uncannily like Luther. Later he kidnaps someone disguised as a  computer technician with stick on bushy eyebrows and an orange bobble hat who looks like Luther. Tonight we will watch another episode to see who he disguises himself as this time.
I liked this series.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Started watching the odd episode of "Black Mirror" written by Charlie Brooker each episode has a unique storyline and complete. It seems the storylines loosely follow societies interaction with tech & the internet pure fantasy (or is it) and about an hour so not hard to manage I'm enjoying it myself👍

Last edited by a moderator:

Gizza

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Mar 12, 2011
Sutton Coldfield
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Started watching the odd episode of "Black Mirror" written by Charlie Brooker each episode has a unique storyline and complete. It seems the storylines loosely follow societies interaction with tech & the internet pure fantasy (or is it) and about an hour so not hard to manage I'm enjoying it myself👍
Excellent, I loved that series. Its not difficult to imagine the various things portrayed happening at some point in the future. 

Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thats what goes thru your mind each time you watch an episode Brooker has a great imagination which suprised me to be honest.

Reactions: Gizza

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Delhi Crime, based upon a true story about the Delhi Gang rape in 2012, which I remember being in the news at the time. Stick with it for 1/2 hour, it is worth a watch.

Just finished the series tonight and it was very very good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Summer of Rockets a 6 part mini series originally shown on BBC. Timothy Spall, Keeley Hawes and others make up a respectable cast. Supposedly based upon the family who invented the hospital bleeper systems Multitone, the induction hearing loop and other technological marvels of the time. The series was written and directed by Stephen Poilakoff who is possibly the character Sasha in the story, he is also a writer of note but not in this case I fear. Absolutely bloody awful. Trying to be quirky and trying too hard, utter childish half baked drivel. Spoiled what could have been a rather good story. I expect Hawes and Spall regretted signing up once they saw the finished product.
From Poliakoff (sp?) a bitter disappointment. Agreed.

bohemian

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2008
London uk
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My Octopus Teacher

Excellent documentary - Oscar nominated - educational and emotional.

Very highly recommended.

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The White Tiger. Set in India, a bright low caste young Indian man sees a chance to better himself by becoming a rich mans driver so he takes it. First he has to learn how to drive - - -. Both funny and yet quite dark in places. If you are expecting a rose tinted Slum Dog Millionaire type flick then you may be disappointed but it is in a similar ball park. Well worth a watch.

Olive00

Wammer
Apr 8, 2021
I love Netflix. Now I’m watching “the Crown”. The series is very beautiful and well-shot. When you look, you get colossal aesthetic pleasure. But the feeling of chewing gum does not leave, as if the director is afraid to overload the viewer's brain. Instead of showing historical action (what is happening in the world, behind-the-scenes wars, etc.) - one clear chewed line. Long scenes with kisses, silence of the main characters, etc. Therefore, the impression is very ambiguous. It would be cool if the entire series showed world history through the prism of the life of Elizabeth Il. But alas, no. Everything is provided for this story to last 10 seasons. Otherwise I liked Churchill and the scenery very much.

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I liked this series.
Well its back for another series. Last night Luther or should I say Lupin donned a stick on moustache and a pair of those teeth that you used to get on a penny tray made of candy. I only noticed the cunning teeth disguise when he removed them. Unfortunately she wishes to watch further episodes and like a moth to a flame I am drawn. We will await to see what cunning disguise he wears tonight. 

Reactions: leenorris78

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles