Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve heard many pairs of Akubariks passive, Akubariks Aktiv, Akubariks Exakt, and Akubariks Katalyst

I have also heard Klimax 350’s passive, Klimax 350’s Aktiv, Klimax 350’s Exakt, Klimax 350’s Katalyst and most recently Klimax 350’s Organik

350’s provide a more powerful “live” feel, like you are at a live concert. They have a higher level of solidity and confidence in their presentation, and the servo bass drivers have the potential to literally kick you in the gut with bass you can feel.

350’s with the “Organik“ option provide another level of transparency, refinement and detail that is unmatched compared to their Katalyst version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wendy

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Paulssurround
Do you by "and most recently Klimax 350’s" mean the Organik version?
Thank you Hans. Yes you are right, the Klimax 350’s Organik

Sorry I missed that. I just did an edit.

Back in May 2021 I assisted installing the Organik boards in a pair of Klimax 350 at my Linn dealer, and got to hear them several times over a period of time, until they were sold

Reactions: HansBertil

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm wondering how much of a compromise integrated Exakt speakers are compared to separate Ekakt box and amps. Is anyone out there running passive Akubariks with Akurate Exakt box/Akurate amps? Was a comparison to integrated Exakt Akubariks done? Would one need to go to Klimax Exaktbox and amps to do noticeably better?

Reactions: Moomintroll

pirov

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 25, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When a passive version of Akubariks became available soon after launch of the integrated speakers in 2013, I had the opportunity to compare passive Akubariks (driven by 2 x Solos) with a pair of 350s in 'passive' configuration (i.e. with just the bass 'active').

The 350s just didn't work for me – the magic was somehow missing. So I bought the Akubariks, before trading in the entire passive setup for the Exakt Akubarik system I now have.

So I'm now very much in the same boat as @akamatsu. Quite apart from the negative experience with 350s some eight (!) years ago, I too have relocated to a relatively small flat (reduction in boxes and cables being one of the reasons for going Exakt) in which the 350s would not be aesthetically acceptable. In addition to Organik for the Akubariks, some improvement to amps would be very nice indeed!

zee9

Audio Junkie
Wammer
Oct 16, 2018
New Jersey, USA
AKA
Zorawar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have wondered the same after hearing my friends ninkas with a Klimax organik exaktbox and two akurate 3200’s. The organik does sound smoother and better rounded off than katalyst but it may also be just the sound of the ninkas.

They sound more pleasing at low level listening (38-48) i’d say. I think if I ever did sell my integrated akubariks id be wondering the same thing whether to try a passive Akubarik pair with solos (inspite of the fan issue with the solos) or a different speaker completely

I’m waiting to hear Frans’ comments once his 808’s are fully Exakt With 6 solos.

Ben Webster

System doesn‘t matter - if you have mine
Wammer
Dec 16, 2019
Frankfurt a.M. 🇩🇪
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The quick answer is: good ones 😜

From technical point they are not at Solo level. But they are optimized for driving the lower bass and Linn told me, that they perform on Solo level. I don‘t know (and don‘t care) what the exact technical specifications are beside the few figures in the documentation.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.