New Arrival

RICHARDIIII

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2010
York
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I received an email last week from ANK (Audio Note Kits) to say my DAC 5.1 was ready to post (after a 3 month wait from point of order).... it finally arrived today. It was nice that my brother in law is visiting this weekend and he gave me a hand getting it out of the huge box!

I didn't realise how big it was going to be!

Because my rack is a "corner" rack , the rear legs are inset and the connectors on the DAC come out exactly where one of the legs is. So I had to jiggle things around a bit, meaning the CD player is at the bottom, and a bit of a pai in the arse now.

I've not had a great deal of time to listen due to family visiting, bit it sounds great so far...I'm sure it will improve over the next few weeks.

Attachments

• 20220429_181153.jpg
    20220429_181153.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 117

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When you consider the DAC itself is probably smaller than a chewing gum packet, that’s insane 😄

And exactly the reason I love hifi!

RICHARDIIII

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2010
York
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Reactions: Southeastern

RICHARDIIII

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2010
York
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When you consider the DAC itself is probably smaller than a chewing gum packet, that’s insane 😄

And exactly the reason I love hifi!

My nephews were amazed when I told them every phone has one...." but how does it fit?"

The look on their faces when I told them it wasn't a CD player, and that my CDT isn't a CD player....

"Have you not heard of Spotify?..you can just bluetooth it to a smart speaker!"

• Haha
Reactions: lostwin

Rayymondo

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2018
North Somerset UK
AKA
Raymond
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I always check measurements of components these days, especially as my recently acquired TKMAXX/ Homesense sourced rack is smaller than the average hifi shelf but works well with my mainly "midi" size kit. I often look a the physical measurements of potential purchases before the other type of measurements that are discussed ad infinitum on this forum! Also I once bought a McIntosh amp years ago without checking the size - naively assuming all amps were " about the same size". Needless to say it wouldn't fit on my standard size equipment rack and I had to visit a local glazier and get them to cut me chunky piece of very heavy glass that I had to carry home and fit into my shelving (the Mac was standard width but deeper than I had anticipated)
Since then I check the spec before purchasing :)
Anyway I'm sure it sounds great now it's accommodated and should bring you years of pleasure , it certainly looks the business(y)

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Give it time.....those capacitors need time to settle/burn-in/form. But enjoy it in between and do not get too upset if the SQ gets temporarily worse. It will settle down.

Interesting amp and I assume not a Sugden A21SE.

RICHARDIIII

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2010
York
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Give it time.....those capacitors need time to settle/burn-in/form. But enjoy it in between and do not get too upset if the SQ gets temporarily worse. It will settle down.

Interesting amp and I assume not a Sugden A21SE.
That's good to hear....so far it's a little flat and edgy. Definately not as smooth and relaxing as the Audio Note DAC 2.1x I sold to buy it! A guy on the ANK owners FB page said he regretted buying his for the first 50 -100 hours, but now loves it.

My A21 Signature was sold to fund the Art Audio Jota. It is wonderful and I have NO desire to change it (I have had 5 amps in the last 2 years!)

The amp looked better the top shelf....but it will have to do being in the middle for now.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My nephews were amazed when I told them every phone has one...." but how does it fit?"

The look on their faces when I told them it wasn't a CD player, and that my CDT isn't a CD player....

"Have you not heard of Spotify?..you can just bluetooth it to a smart speaker!"
Of course, what are you playing at? :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles