SOLD

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A Rega DAC-R ?
If it's anything like as good as the standard Rega DAC, definitely worth a listen. I had the chance to hear the standard one at a recent bake-off against a lot of more expensive and sophisticated DACs, and while it was probably the least detailed, revealing or refined, to my ears it was the most enjoyable, making music you wanted to boogie to. Very impressed

Mike Milne

Wammer
Feb 20, 2020
Worcester
AKA
Mike Milne
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
hmm read reviews looks very intersting only issue i have identified is QC, sound seems to be right up my street
Still interested in this as a possibility just wondering how big an improvement on a Beresford ?. Am at Centre Parcs Woburn this week so not looking too much .

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Did you get sorted.
I have an Electrocompaniet DAC in black and perspex if you are interested.
It is the first one. Just bought an Esoteric Universal player so the DAC will be going spare.

Northernview

Wammer
Feb 2, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Did you get sorted.
I have an Electrocompaniet DAC in black and perspex if you are interested.
It is the first one. Just bought an Esoteric Universal player so the DAC will be going spare.
Why not investigate the DAC built by NJC Audio. This is British and built to order and has two specs which both come in under your budget. 3 yr warranty and you can ask the proprietor as many questions as you want. Some on the forums have bought his products and rave about them. I’d be surprised if Phil @hifinutt wasn’t aware of the brand.
Regards Keith

F

flo1984

if you looking for an end game dac, look no further than my sony das r1.I had it paired with my esoteric player with fab results.

George Hincapie

Wammer
Oct 15, 2016
Hi

Due to the sale of some Monoblocs I find myself in the position of being able to afford a new 2nd hand DAC. I dont really need or want one that has a pre or headphone amp as have decent bits of kit that cover both of these bases ( Croft and Brokkesphere) although appreciate some come bundled . It will be replacing a Beresford Caimen Seg, latest firmware and PS from Beresford. Ideally I would like to find myself in the cheaper Denafrips, Gustard, Soekristi or RME territory although that might be wishful thinking on my part as I only have £500 plus whatever I get for the Beresford. Item must be a real uplift on the Beresford so really not looking as basic Topings or SMSL type DACS ( no offence intended) and have already worked out the Beresford sounds better than the Audiolab Q DAC and Arcam R Dac with my Crofts . I like an analogue sound and dont really like the bright in your face older digital sound as i find it tiring as i listen for long stretches. I have decent cabling (Audioqueast Coffee/Nordost copies ) and the rest of my equipment is Crofts , Beauhorns , Cambridge CXC transport and a Rasprberry Pi for streaming duties. My main source is my Source TT. What do people have that might fit the bill. I live in Worcester . I have found people on this site very helpful before so want hopefully a range of options to consider.
Have a look at the Metrum Acoustics DAC I listed here last night. It's in your price range and is excellent.

Mike Milne

Wammer
Feb 20, 2020
Worcester
AKA
Mike Milne
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all

I bought the Xiang Sheng 05B DAC in the end about 2 weeks ago . I ended up having less money than I though due to other commitments which limited my choice a bit. Shame I would like to have done some research on the Metrum and NJC DACs . I cannot work out how to archive thread as the “Wanted” heading is greyed out . Help please .

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all

I bought the Xiang Sheng 05B DAC in the end about 2 weeks ago . I ended up having less money than I though due to other commitments which limited my choice a bit. Shame I would like to have done some research on the Metrum and NJC DACs . I cannot work out how to archive thread as the “Wanted” heading is greyed out . Help please .
Hi Mike

Change the ‘wanted’ prefix to sold. Edit from your first post 👍🏻

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles