Linn Owners

New Klimax System Hub (NG Klimax DSM Hub)

Newton John

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This was the main reason why I turned down Gilad's offer to build me a pair of Komris when Linn found out that I was interested from my dealer back then - from their last remaining parts for a mere £10,000 before they discontinued them 3 months later. - The complexity (in the long term) of their electronics and servos were always going to be a long term problem compared with the virtually bulletproof Keltiks.

As many will and have testified over the years, the Komris are the only real Linn upgrade to the Keltiks especially with the bass.
Totally agree about the Keltiks’ bass especially with doubling up Solos on the bass. However the Komris’ servo bass is better. All round, it’s no contest between them.

Of course, I would have been just as likely to blow a driver with Keltiks as the Komris. In the meantime, I‘ve had twenty years of good use out of them.

Linn say they’ll continue to support them until the day comes when it’s possible to upgrade to something better.

All that for £10,000 would have been an absolute bargain. Even today people are paying that and sometimes more for them.

I had an even more tempting offer of a matching Klimax 340 when it was discontinued which I also declined.

I did think about changing the Komris for something like Kudos Titans recently, but that would been a downgrade. My dealer did a little research on the service/upgrade history of mine and we decided keeping them even now is fairly low risk.

By the way, what have you got against our American friends?

Last edited:

Ben Webster

System doesn‘t matter - if you have mine
Wammer
Dec 16, 2019
Frankfurt a.M. 🇩🇪
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@DB1328 thank you very much for presenting your fabulous system today. The DSM Organik Hub is a huge improvement compared to the KDSM/2 Hub. And your new Klimax Exaktbox together with your new speaker sounds wonderful. In addition to the 3D presentation, the emotional depth of the music convinced me.
Looking forward for your visit in Frankfurt area called „Komri Heaven“.

Muffin

New Wammer
Dec 12, 2018
I asked a couple of pages ago if there was any chance of a 2014 klimax Hub upgrade to the NGKSH board. Apparently not. But my interest was piqued, so I arranged a home dem of the NGKSH. I removed my KSH and sat the new one in its place, next to my LP12. Set up was relatively easy, and off we went. I have to say that it’s rather lovely, everything that’s good about my system got better. The 530s welcomed the new hub as did the LP12. But…

After a few days I switched back to my 2014 KSH. I didn’t want to become so accustomed to the new hub that to swap back would be impossible. Sitting with a coffee for a listen I expected to be a little disappointed and to have to work my way back in to the old system. Didn’t happen. The sound was as fabulous as it had been before the new hub, and during the new hub‘s visit. So what did I learn? My system is glorious and the new hub made it a little more wonderful. Not night and day, but certainly a little better. £15k better? That’s for each individual to decide. Not for me at the moment, but in the future that might change.

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I was scanning through this thread and stumbled upon this from May of 2021, well before the announcement of the Radikal 2. Some of us laughed. He even nailed it to seven decimal places. 😱
Very interesting. But unless you edited something he only got it to 6 decimal places. So not quite that prescient. Still cool.

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I guess you mean commata (not commas) 😜
From what I just read commata is not in the OED (I didn't pay the subscription fee to find out for sure) and Miriam Webster informed it is not in their online dictionary and only shows up in the Unabridged version. Safe to say that commas is the common usage - at least over here. Indeed I had never even heard of commata before your post. As someone who tries for correct English (at least in American form, which some will question) I had to check to make sure I wasn't comatose in regard to the proper spelling. ;)

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Miriam Webster informed it is not in their online dictionary
This looks online to me - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/commata although it is a link to the unabridged dictionary. (Assuming you weren’t actually referring to someone called Miriam Webster)

Isn’t ”American English” an oxymoron?

I do actually agree with you Tom, I think “commas” is in common usage on both sides of the Atlantic, it wouldn’t occur to me to use “comata” as the plural. The downside of only studying Latin at school and not Greek.

(Does this thread win a prize for drifting so far off topic?)

’troll

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles