New speaker cable.......not mine.........yet?

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just tried a mates cables, from one of the larger manufacturers which would have been on the market had they gotten past the prototype, which , due to the costing (£300 a metre !!!!!!!!!) wasnt marketed................the old phrase of like chalk and cheese is rather relevant here, comparing it to my Chord Odyssey it made a phenominal difference! just better everything, more controlled bass, more detail, and a smoother top end, what more could IHB want?

Actually, there is a slight down side, the cable is so f*cking thick and almost unbendable, that i cant get the wbt bananas to lock up properly at the amp end ( gonna stick on my larger ones which are on the end of the Odyssey slopping around like little feet in size 12 wellies)

Possibly more to follow,cos dont forget, it aint mine...............yet????
500000033.gif.92511e2005a900cfb9bb836a01712b3a.gif

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just so it doesnt appear that im being iggerant.....me and the Duves have talked via pm.
biggrin.png

Just to add,the cable has made a bigger difference than i would have possibly dreamed......id go so far as to say a bigger difference than recent amp/ cdp changes.........

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
icehockeyboy wrote:

id go so far as to say a bigger difference than recent amp/ cdp changes.........
But you only changed the cases ice...
tongue.png

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
LOL!I was going to say the same thing. Let's face it the X-Series and your current kit are hardly different! The Tri-Vista would have been a proper upgrade.

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hey, come on boys, i dont ever recall saying that my move to the A series from the X stuff was an upgrade!.......well actually , i believe the 3.2 IS better than my old X80....wouldnt you agree? ( that is if you believe those folk who say the X150 is a different beast to the X80, in as much as the lower powered 80 is inferior to its bigger bro')

What i did say is the 3.2 is far better to look at than the X stuff !
biggrin.png

Now let me think here...............re the speaker cables performance .............OK!.....it was like the difference when i swopped from using my Denon 2803 for 2 ch stereo, to a dedicated stereo amp!!....There.........pick at that ya vultures!
biggrin.png

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just joking Ice. I understand though what you're saying about the speaker cable.

The KK Bard i now have is like a significant amp upgrade has been made.

I'm glad you're experiencing something similar. I wouldn't have believed speaker cable could make such a distinguishable improvement.

Is your new cable silver or copper, solid or stranded?

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Papa, its silver and stranded...................only downside is its as thick as a kiddies finger.......and wont bend!...............the cable that is...not the kids finger:cool:

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Got em!!!!!!!! boy what a difference! this isnt a proper review, dont have time at the mo'........suffice to say it brings so many qualities into the system which werent there with the Odyssey.

As the difference between the qed s/a and the VDH teatrack manifested itself mainly in allowing the bass back in, this prototype cable has made a similar difference, but not only that the mid range is now, well better controlled id put it as.Its now of a slightly more mellow offering, which to my ears, is great.

Top end, well, its just that bit more sweeter, again to me, the kind of result i love.

Last note, im now aware of certain instruments that werent "there" before, it really is a thrilling difference between this and any other cable ive heard/used!

One happy IHB signing off
biggrin.png

PS, as mentioned before, its so 'kin thick and unbendable , not only did i have to buy the biggest wbt bananas for it, but is hard to hide because of its non bending nature!

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As i said in the pm, the friend was given this by the cable company, so i dont think they'd be impressed by him selling it on. Maybe ill be able to tell one day, as i said, the clue is its a brand ive owned before........................maybe you can work it out?
smile.png

M

Mr Coherent

I'll take a guess its the old Pro-ac stuff
wink.png
thats been doing the rounds for ages

G

Mr Coherent wrote:

I'll take a guess its the old Pro-ac stuff
wink.png
thats been doing the rounds for ages
nah he said cable co, so my guess is chord, nordost, or VDH

M

Mr Coherent

Paul,

Pro-ac had it made for them by ...................
wink.png

Its sodding big about 3 gauge per terminal
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
will pull small loudspeakers over
biggrin.png

The are colour coded Blue/Red you normally couldn't give them away

Great boom & tizz and massive willy waving potential

I'm taking a educated guess here thats all
biggrin.png

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Mr Coherent wrote:

Paul,Pro-ac had it made for them by ...................
wink.png

Its sodding big about 3 gauge per terminal
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
will pull small loudspeakers over
biggrin.png

The are colour coded Blue/Red you normally couldn't give them away

Great boom & tizz and massive willy waving potential

I'm taking a educated guess here thats all
You are so............................................wrong !!!!!!!!!!!! but why do you feel the need to criticize the stuff when you dont even know what it is? :Upset:

it is thck, and could pull small speakers over tho'

Wrong about the colours too, and the boom and tizz......................call yerself a dealer!!????
tongue.png

M

Mr Coherent

Would you care to post a picky for me please not so icey boy
tongue.png

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As soon as the child with the digital camera comes back home from boarding school in london, it shall be done,,,,assuming she knows where it is......:Not Sure:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles