• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

New speaker recommendations for Teddy Pardo system.

Paul T

Wammer
New Wammer
Mar 6, 2013
Denbighshire
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would be interested to know what speakers people are using with a full Teddy Pardo system (USB DAC/PR1/2xMB100's) and what others should be recommended. I currently use a pair of 13 year old ProAc Tablette 2000's and am very pleased with them for now and intend to stick with them short term at least. The tablettes have proven to be superb little speakers but I fancy a change and intend to draw up a short list for audition. I would be very grateful for any thoughts

ports100

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 27, 2011
Plymuff
AKA
Andrew
Paul, I use ATC SCM19's with TP gear. I have found them to be very easy to position and can be put close to a rear wall. The sound is dynamic and very detailed.

Having used them with Naim 82/250 the TP amps really bring out the best in them. They are the least room dependent speakers I've ever had and I cant see me changing them for a long time.

But...speakers are obviously a personal taste thing,others may hate them. They are very neutural and uncoloured but are more forgiving of poorer recordings than others in the ATC range.

You haven't mentioned size,room or budget tho? I should just mention that mine are the older style not the new curved cabinet ones.

Paul T

Wammer
New Wammer
Mar 6, 2013
Denbighshire
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Andrew, thanks for the very helpful reply. My room is 6x4m and have a budget of £3000. I did manage to hear the the SCM19's a couple of months ago but with an all ATC set up that included cd player/pre and P1 power amp and liked them a lot. I'd like to make a comparison with the SCM 40's as the price difference is made smaller after taking in to account stands. Being based in North Wales makes home loans a bit awkward (my nearest ATC dealer is Music Craft, Derby) so this is why I'm keen to hear members opinions. The SCM19's are very much at the top of my list though, so another visit to Derby may well be on the cards.

Cambs12

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2010
Cambridgeshire
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Paul,are you looking to buy used or new? With that budget,a pair of Neat Ultimatum MF7 would come in for a used pair,and well worth an audition(not familiar with the Teddy Pardo kit though,but making a bit of an assumption that it may sound similar to some naim kit).

unclepuncle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Northants
But...speakers are obviously a personal taste thing,others may hate them. .
I very much disliked the SCM-19 when I bought a pair about 3 years ago and vastly preferred the Revel M22. This was my 2nd pair of M22's having also really liked them when I had Naim amps about 6 years ago.

I'd certainly try to hear some of the new Revels Performas (M105 standmount or F106 floorstander) - or if your willing to buy used just buy a pair of 2nd hand Revel Ultima Gems and be done with it. :^

- - - Updated - - -

Paul,are you looking to buy used or new? With that budget,a pair of Neat Ultimatum MF7 would come in for a used pair,and well worth an audition(not familiar with the Teddy Pardo kit though,but making a bit of an assumption that it may sound similar to some naim kit).
:^ Neat MFS or MF5 would be great matches - the MF7 may be a bit to big for your room though it's hard to say for sure?

ports100

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 27, 2011
Plymuff
AKA
Andrew
Paul,

I have a bigger problem than you as far as location,in Devon there is very little in the way of anything audio related. I started with Scm 11's bought second hand for a second system without a demo. Thought I would try them with my Naim stuff in the No 1 system and within 10 mins knew that my Neat Motive 2's were finished in my house. Took a chance on the 19's knowing that they should be more of the same and was absolutely delighted, the speakers that I've spent years looking for! Thought seriously about the Scm 40's especially as second hand they are less than a couple of hundred more than the 19's but decided that maybe with my room size I wouldn't get the best from them.Still would really like to demo them tho.

I think the Atc's get better the further up you go with your system and with Teddy's gear they really come on song. Having jumped off the Naim bandwagon after more than 20 years ,having got fed up with the constant upgrading and the endless amount of power supplies,power lines etc to aspire to, am really happy with the Teddy gear, safe in the knowledge that he has nothing to upgrade too! Well until he comes up with something better!!

Good luck with your search and keep posting your findings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kawuschel