Newbie Intro's

zirconium

Wammer
Mar 23, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello,

I signed up today after a few months of lurking. Great to find a friendly HiFi home.

I'm into digital audio with custom built audio PC feeding a Denafrips Hermes/Pontus II/Hestia/Thallo to Revel F226BEs and 2x SVS SB3000.

My current project is to implement custom DRC using Audiolense.

Where will the October show be - I am based in Kent?

Cheers

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
Chichester, W Sussex
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi and welcome.
The show is at the Brittania North Stafford Hotel Stoke on Trent, opposite the train station. There are quite a few who travel up from the South, so you may even be able the bum a lift for a contribution to fuel.

Reactions: Maverick

freefallrob

Mazda RX-8 & Subaru fan.
Wammer
Nov 9, 2018
Swanwick
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi I'm freefallrob (you may have recently seen me post as Rotary).
I'm kinda new as I've not posted for a long time. I have however been around pretty much from the beginning of the wam.

I've exhibited at most of the Scalford shows in the past including the first one and enjoyed them all!

Rob.

Reactions: Maverick

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hi I'm freefallrob (you may have recently seen me post as Rotary).
I'm kinda new as I've not posted for a long time. I have however been around pretty much from the beginning of the wam.

I've exhibited at most of the Scalford shows in the past including the first one and enjoyed them all!

Rob.
we need you back here mate, well done

Reactions: freefallrob

Goldie42

Apr 24, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello, I am new both to this forum and to quality hifi.

Short story is I'm looking to read and get some advice from the good people here who may have more experience with various products mostly looking into linn.

Long story:
My dad had/has various cool kit as I was growing up but I did not appreciate what I was missing until my wife infected our house with alexa based smart speakers.

He donated to me a Sony str db940 AV amp that was missing bass and sounding very tinny around 10 years ago. I took it apart and replaced all the blown caps.

I have been enjoying listening to music and films through it since on mission M73i floor standing speakers and latterly also a Cambridge audio s30 Bookshelf speakers for the rear.

I had issues with a basic Sony centre speaker so started looking for something better. I remembered my dad going on about linn kans. I actually thought it was can, being the size of a can the way he went on about the amazing sound from such a small speaker.

I now have a linn AV5120 Centre which I love. I replaced the Mission's with Cambridge audio S-70 which to me do not sound as warm as the M73is and aquired a Denon AVR 1610 which I am unsure about.

Reactions: bigrod

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
A big wam welcome & do fill out your profile please!

There is lots of advice available here, if you are UK based then move mountains to get to our members' show in October rising from the ashes of lockdown.

Looking like ~40 home systems to listen to / enjoy. Bring music that you are familiar with as we are nice and play requests (unlike trade shows), and nobody will be selling you anything. Of course you may get the 'wants' but that's not our fault!!

kind regards,
Paul

Reactions: Bazzer

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hi

I'm Tazzo from Scotland

Have been into audio for close to 14 years.

Fan of the valve sound.
Hi Tazzo

Big welcome to a friendly forum! Scotland means that you have NO excuse to not make our members show in October, take the M74 and follow your nose ;)
(it's in Stoke on Trent)

kind regards,
Paul

Reactions: bigrod

Tazzo

Apr 27, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I wish I could but have no real means of transport. I went to the High End Hifi show about over 7 years ago, I think it was in Surrey. Got a bus to London Airport and then a taxi to the hotel where it was hosted, was excellent.

964rh

May 2, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Evening all

New to the forum after lurking for a while.

Been into music most of my life (both playing and listening)

Was brought up with music on all the time and now I have a child of my own, thought I’d get the oldish hifi out of storage so he can experience a CD and vinyl rather than an iPhone/Alexa

Current kit is a Rega RP1, old Nad L75 receiver, old iPad for Apple Music and a pair of Frankenstein B&W DM303’s (well the mid/bass drivers with a pair of Monitor Audio Radius 45’s providing the HF grafted to the top of the speaker cabinet, mounted on small Atacama stands.

Hoping to replace the Nad with a proper 2 channel amp and a CD player so I can start playing the 3000 odd cds I have in storage (minus jewel cases)

Anyway Hi👋🏻

Reactions: Ady

Andy Stephenson

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Evening all

New to the forum after lurking for a while.

Been into music most of my life (both playing and listening)

Was brought up with music on all the time and now I have a child of my own, thought I’d get the oldish hifi out of storage so he can experience a CD and vinyl rather than an iPhone/Alexa

Current kit is a Rega RP1, old Nad L75 receiver, old iPad for Apple Music and a pair of Frankenstein B&W DM303’s (well the mid/bass drivers with a pair of Monitor Audio Radius 45’s providing the HF grafted to the top of the speaker cabinet, mounted on small Atacama stands.

Hoping to replace the Nad with a proper 2 channel amp and a CD player so I can start playing the 3000 odd cds I have in storage (minus jewel cases)

Anyway

Welcome. The more the merrier!

Andy