wolfram

New Wammer
Nov 19, 2022
AKA
clockwork orange TT
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi All,

I just joined. I have a long term HiFi interest. I used my first credit card to buy a rotel turntable, mission cyrus one amp and tanoy mercury speakers in 1984. I have never had much money to throw at the hobby. I have generally bought older stuff from eBay. I also have a fair understanding of physics from the day job, so i'm a bit of a sceptic when it comes to some of the more outlandish claims.

I'm currently on the lookout for the very best partners for a vintage michell transcriptor turntable for my 'mancave'. sound quality is important bu it also has to complimen the rather out there looks of the deck that was famously in the 'clockwork orange' movie.

Phil48

Wammer
Wammer
May 13, 2022
wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi All,

I just joined. I have a long term HiFi interest. I used my first credit card to buy a rotel turntable, mission cyrus one amp and tanoy mercury speakers in 1984. I have never had much money to throw at the hobby. I have generally bought older stuff from eBay. I also have a fair understanding of physics from the day job, so i'm a bit of a sceptic when it comes to some of the more outlandish claims.

I'm currently on the lookout for the very best partners for a vintage michell transcriptor turntable for my 'mancave'. sound quality is important bu it also has to complim
Hi All,

I'm currently on the lookout for the very best partners for a vintage michell transcriptor turntable for my 'mancave'. sound quality is important bu it also has to complimen the rather out there looks of the deck that was famously in the 'clockwork orange' movie.

Hi All,

hello and welcome to the WAM, always plenty of advice available on here, lovely deck the Transcriptor, check in the private classifieds for amps, speakers to partner your deck

Reactions: wolfram

Andy Stephenson

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Wolfram, Welcome to the madhouse!

There's a "What's your bits and bobs thread". If you post your gear in there, when you have any queries we'll be able to give you more meaningful answers.

I have to agree with you about the Transcriptors turntable, it is iconic. I've never been lucky enough to hear one or indeed even see one.

Andy

Reactions: Phil48 and wolfram

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A hearty welcome to Wolfram & you Mike_H this is a great place for advice with us having some pretty clever bods amongst us (not so pretty actually) and a top quality music thread "What you listening too right now" check it out for new tunes & add your music for us to check out too.

Last edited:

fiddle99

Wammer
Dec 9, 2022
Cornwall, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi everyone, new here. After being in the background for a bit the hifi bug has bitten again! Not sure if I need advice or therapy - perhaps a bit of both!

• Haha
Reactions: newlash09

Andy Stephenson

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi everyone, new here. After being in the background for a bit the hifi bug has bitten again! Not sure if I need advice or therapy - perhaps a bit of both!
Welcome to the asylum! We always happy to see new inmates!!

There's a thread called Your bits and bobs for details of your system, then, if you need advice, we can give relevant advice.

Andy

Reactions: Phil48

Phil48

Wammer
Wammer
May 13, 2022
wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Most of us on here are beyond help and need therapy😂welcome to the wam, always advice to be had ,welcome from us all

Smonks

Wammer
Dec 12, 2022
Leeds, Yorkshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all, I've been a 'budget' audiophile all of my adult life, but have recently decided it's now time to start building that decent quality 'forever' system from scratch...so beware the onslaught of lots of 'what,' 'which' posts ;)

• Haha
Reactions: newlash09

Andy Stephenson

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all, I've been a 'budget' audiophile all of my adult life, but have recently decided it's now time to start building that decent quality 'forever' system from scratch...so beware the onslaught of lots of 'what,' 'which' posts ;)
Hi Smonks. You've come to the right place.

Make sure you post in the 'What are your Bits and Bobs' thread so we know where you are starting from.
Also give us an idea of which direction is your preferred destination!
Andy

Reactions: Phil48

Smonks

Wammer
Dec 12, 2022
Leeds, Yorkshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Smonks. You've come to the right place.

Make sure you post in the 'What are your Bits and Bobs' thread so we know where you are starting from.
Also give us an idea of which direction is your preferred destination!
Andy

Thanks Andy, not sure listing my current kit would help as it was purchased without any consideration for sound or matching kit - just on a budget as and when 'it'll do' basis so I am literally starting from scratch.

Reactions: Andy Stephenson

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Andy, not sure listing my current kit would help as it was purchased without any consideration for sound or matching kit - just on a budget as and when 'it'll do' basis so I am literally starting from scratch.
Hi and welcome.
It would definitely be worth filling out your profile, yes even with your current disparate budget kit. That way when you say what your not happy with sound wise and where you want to be, we'll have a kit reference point for your dislikes. Also unbeknown to you, you may have some hidden gems or kit that's easily tweaked/modded to bring it up the SQ foodchain.

Steveh

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 3, 2007
Darkest Yorkshire
AKA
tallow vendor
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Welcome to the Wam. I see that you are in Yorkshire, as am I.
As I understand it, traditionally yorkshiremen are difficult to separate from their hard earned cash unless the kit is well worth it, so I imagine that you have bought well, whichever rung of the HiFi "ladder" you are on atm.

Smonks

Wammer
Dec 12, 2022
Leeds, Yorkshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Welcome to the Wam. I see that you are in Yorkshire, as am I.
As I understand it, traditionally yorkshiremen are difficult to separate from their hard earned cash unless the kit is well worth it, so I imagine that you have bought well, whichever rung of the HiFi "ladder" you are on atm.
Thanks Steveh,
I'm an honorary yorkshire man of about 26 years, originally from over the border in the Peak District.....but the 'thriftiness' has taken hold :)

Reactions: Steveh

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Most of the kits listened to by Wammer’s is decided by a budget and bargain hunting , testing , listening etc . But it’s basically what it’s worth for you to pay , for what you’re getting , and that’s the same however big your disposable income

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online