Next show - Ideas for 'the challenge(s)'

sunbeamgls

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2011
North Wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Looking at the room request list, there aren't enough punters to make it worth doing another "suitcase challenge" (and besides, if it happens, it is someone else's turn!).  If someone wanted to take up the cudgel gauntlet and organise a challenge, then more power to your elbow.
OK, thanks - I'll leave my suitcase at home and focus on the main rig.

:)

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Maybe the challenge this year should be to outdo Andrew in the lurid shirt stakes? 

• Haha
Reactions: Brigadoon

Brigadoon

Requires Adult Supervision
Wammer
Feb 20, 2015
Stroud
AKA
Barry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looking at the room request list, there aren't enough punters to make it worth doing another "suitcase challenge" (and besides, if it happens, it is someone else's turn!).  If someone wanted to take up the cudgel gauntlet and organise a challenge, then more power to your elbow.
Didn't we start a tradition that this would be last year's winner...?

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
How about limited budget next time with a few interesting parameters, such as.
£500 limit
must use bookshelf speakers
must have 2 sources
no subwoofer
something like that.
Not sure why you should have to restrict the size of the speakers, it's about the cost. For the deferred 2020 show, how about sub £1000 with any size speakers allowed? I've managed to get a reasonable system together for less than that. I'll need someone with a van to help me though [emoji1]

Beckenham

Vintage Wammer
Wammer
Dec 23, 2008
London
AKA
Fernando
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For now due Covid-19, why not everyone showing their systems and their auditions rooms sharing their music in real time, like a few decades ago, when the computer games started online. Just an idea for keep our menthal sanity a bit more healthy...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

Beckenham

Vintage Wammer
Wammer
Dec 23, 2008
London
AKA
Fernando
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And this way HiFi Wigwam makes history, the first online audioshow :)  

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think some where having issues with YouTube copyright removing videos due to the music being played. I posted a 30 second clip on the forum itself (less than 2mb) by using a compression app (called Compressor) on the footage shot on my phone. Quality might not be the best but it captures the spirit. I’ll post another later today.

• Upvote
Reactions: Bazzer

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think some where having issues with YouTube copyright removing videos due to the music being played. I posted a 30 second clip on the forum itself (less than 2mb) by using a compression app (called Compressor) on the footage shot on my phone. Quality might not be the best but it captures the spirit. I’ll post another later today.
so best to keep away from YouTube nannies eh?

a very simple iPad recording turn the sound right up as a bit quiet, likely needs an external mic, hosted in OneDrive storage: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjzW-2XbaL-GkJwo6avXLZjOg0nI1A?e=sulFFS

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
will record a longer one with it turned up a bit  :mrgreen:  tomowwo when t'wife is fighting on the front line in the NHS, any requests - maybe something so you can see the bass units working?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online