Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Week 13 review:

My teams: Ravens may have Lamar Jackson back soon. But they have been dealt a cruel blow by Covid-19; the Titans got rolled over by the Browns; Kylar Murray is seemingly not allowed to run because of his injured soldier so their offence loses its uniqueness. Therefore they were beaten by division rivals THe Rams.

Las Vegas are still in it thanks to a last minute touchdown; ditto the Vikings.

My money is on Washington (currently on screen) to finish within 7 points of the unbeaten Steelers. Steelers have gone 3 and out twice. Excellent!

Jack

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Washington win 23 - 17 to end the Steelers winning streak. Change of luck for me having lost out against the Rams and Houston losing. Washington  were as big as 4/1 to win this at the k.off., but I opted for a bet at around evens +7.5 and +8.0.

Jack NSM

Last edited by a moderator:

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm backing the Bills against the Steelers this weekend as well.

The Steelers havent been scoring much on offence and Washington's defence were good enough to thwart them. Mind you they self-destructed by dropping balls left right and centre. Claypool is a promising rookie who will score a TD per game for you but where else is it coming from. They have NO running game and dont pretend to have one.

Surely that makes them easy to read?

Ravens are back in business with their top players back on duty. Now they DO have a running game!! Still @ 30 to win the whole shooting match. Looks value - they have an easy run in.

Jack NSM

Speedskater

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
AKA
Kevin Graf
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
With COVID skyrocketing in the USA, I wonder how many of this weekend's games will happen on schedule?

We have a game Monday evening with the Raven's.  The guess is for clear and cold weather for a change.

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Kevin - out of the Ravens and the Browns, which of the 2 teams do you think are better able to deal with cold conditions? Forgive me because I should know this, is your stadium outdoors or indoors (i take it the former)?

Jack NSM

lower bullens

NSNO Wammer
Wammer
Jan 20, 2007
Wirral
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I stayed in a hotel not far from the stadium when I went to Cleveland, I imagine it’ll be freezing at this time of year not far from the banks of the lake.

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anyone watch 'Around The NFL' on the internet? Basically there are three pundits who air their views on who is going to win (picks) and review the past weeks results. Its quite good and good humoured. When they 'nap' a selection, as we would say in racing' they give it a 'lockdown' (heavily trumpeted).

Two of the panel chose this match up as their lockdown for the week (only one allowed) and onehose the Ravens and the other the Browns. I agree with the guy who chose the Ravens as they are back in the hunt and are rolling. I'm with the Ravens here and its their running game against the Browns, with Jackson making the difference.

Ravens to make the play offs..

Jack

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My third financial interest is in the Cardinals V. Giants game.

This is a  3 point game with Cards rated the better team. This view is not shared widely amongst the pundits, some of which like the Giants' defence and their 4 game winning streak. On t'other hand The Cards are in a slump having lost 4 of their last 5, with Kyler Murray's stats taking a nosedive.

However there are reasons to be cheerful for Cards fans as Deandre Hopkins plays despite missing practice and Larry Fitzgerald is back from a Covid-related 13 day holiday.

The latter's presence provides Murray with a reliable outlet and with both on the field the Giants defence may have their hands full. Murray, when firing , is the better QB even if Daniel Jones is back.

I fancy the Cards to win this even if they go behind early as they have proved grim battlers in recent games. If the Giants get the ball from kick off and score I'll be looking for evens the Cards to win outright (at present they are 1.76).

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cards go 7-6 with an easy win against the Giants. Cards defence shone and Haason Reddick got 5 sacks - a Franchise record. Jones, the Giants QB looked as if he hadnt fully recovered from the injury that kept him out last week (hamstring).

With the Vikings losing the Cards slip into a Wild Card position.

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looking forward to my team the Bills thrashing the Steelers  :nerves:
Fairly comfortable win for the Bills  after a somewhat shaky start with the Steelers defence in ascendence. I was with the Bills (see above). The Bills managed to sack Rothlesburger! Good win for you mr.me. You were well on top at the end.

Jack

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Watch out for Jalen Hurts - he had a great debut against the Saints to end their 9 game winning run. This is his Rookie season and he looks like the new brand of running and throwing QBs. He ran for 100 yards!

Unfortunately for my Cardinals we face him and the Eagles next week. What looked like a banker (or 'lock' to use the terminology) now looks a tough game. Therefore, as I have a few special bets riding on the Cardinals(divisional champs, Superbowl overall and NFC overall) I have decided to back against myself and go with the Eagles in this match up at a generous 2/1. Its a hedging bet. i got 8 00 pounds on b4 it shortened - looks like a few judges have cottoned on.

Hurts was only the 53 rd pick (round 2) in the 2020 draft and looks an absolute 'steal'.

By contrast the other rookie who is catching the eye, defensive end Chase Young, was the second pick this year's draft and he is starring in a Washington defence that has shown up last week and this (against the 49ers). The pick 6 was the turning point.

Jack NSM

mr.me

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2009
Somewhere
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fairly comfortable win for the Bills  after a somewhat shaky start with the Steelers defence in ascendence. I was with the Bills (see above). The Bills managed to sack Rothlesburger! Good win for you mr.me. You were well on top at the end.

Jack
:D    :^   :^

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
 The Ravens beat the Browns in the Monday night game (week 14) 47-42. They in fact won with a field goal from being tied at 42-42 - so the score was then 45-42. (The Browns then in a last chance saloon comedy gave away a safety.) And it was  as thrilling as the scoreline suggests!

The Browns took the lead with a TD + 1 point conversion, but the Ravens fought back with back-to-back TDs, despite Lamar Jackson noticeably losing his foothold on numerous occasions.

The Browns levelled the score but they went in at HT 14 points down.

Mayfield threw an interception that was run in and the Ravens made a 2 point conversion.

In the second half the Browns evened it up at 34-34 and the 1 point conversion gave them back the lead.

Lamar, who had been leading the rushing attack, then threw a TD pass to Marquise (sp?) Brown and the Ravens were 42-35.

Browns made it 42 all and then Jackson led his team within field goal range and the kicker did the rest (2 seconds left on the clock).

Score 45-42 and game over - then the safety, making it 47-42

Jackson was sensational as a rusher: 9 for 124 yds, 40 more yards than Chubb rushed for for the Browns (2 TDs apiece).

Ravens are on the move...

Having backed Washington earlier in the week (unreported) I am 4 for 4 wins in week 14 (Cards, Wash, Bills, Ravens).

Jack NSM

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Play Off picture:

Ravens tied with Dolphins on 8-5 for the 7th spot in the AFC but Miami have the better conference record. However, Miami have to visit divisional rivals, the Patriots , before they have the Raiders at home. These are tough games.

lower bullens

NSNO Wammer
Wammer
Jan 20, 2007
Wirral
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Play Off picture:

Ravens tied with Dolphins on 8-5 for the 7th spot in the AFC but Miami have the better conference record. However, Miami have to visit divisional rivals, the Patriots , before they have the Raiders at home. These are tough games.
And it’s Dolphins at The Bills last week of the regular season.

Speedskater

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
AKA
Kevin Graf
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The outdoor Cleveland stadium is 500 feet from Lake Erie.  The air temperature was 33ºF and the water was 42ºF.  The on shore NW wind was decreasing by the time the game started but the gusts were still well over 20MPH.  Even thou Cleveland has now played 4 home games in a row with similar weather, they have not been able to take advantage of the conditions.

Speedskater

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
AKA
Kevin Graf
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Other than running the type of offensive plays that the Raven's  are best equipped to defend against. Other than the defensive secondary missing their assignments. Other than the offense on the 1 yard line not running the clock down before they scored.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles