Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I actually backed the Browns in running when I saw Mahomes hobbling. They were well behind and were trading @ 9 on the moneyline. Then there was the touchback when they didnt score, but could have. In any case the ref should have blown for helmet to helmet. Then they would have been 1st and goal.

I trounced off to the tv room to watch Man U v. Liverpool, having given up hope. When I return Mahomes is being helped off the field. Browns gained in confidence and got back in it but the Chiefs defence held them to a crucial 3 and out in the dying minutes. Pity.

Question is will Mahomes be fit for the conference final?

Well done Brady and the Bucs - they landed my one and only pick from the 4 matches (6/4 shot).

Jack

Reactions: philb36

Speedskater

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
AKA
Kevin Graf
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
GREEN BAY - Several inches of snow are expected to arrive ahead of Sunday's NFC championship game between the Green Bay Packers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 

The National Weather Service's weekend forecast projects northeastern Wisconsin and surrounding areas will see 2-4 inches of snow begin late Saturday night and continue into Sunday morning. The snow should stop by mid-morning Sunday with moderate temperatures in the 20s at kickoff, said Roy Ekberg, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service. 

"The snow will stop before kickoff. There may be a lingering flurry or snow shower, but that looks negligible at this time,"

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Heads up, Chiefs fans! It’s looking like it will be damp and cold outside this Sunday evening as Kansas City takes on the Buffalo Bills.

“It’s going to be rainy, drizzly, mist is going to be falling out of the sky,” FOX4’s Karli Ritter said on Friday.

The rain will likely start in the morning and last all day. Predictions show the north part of a big rain system will hover over the metro before the full mass moves in later in the evening.

Here’s what we can see for gameday:

• Tailgating: The temperature will be about 40 degrees before the game with light winds.
  • Kickoff: By 5:40 p.m., the temperature will be down down a few degrees with slightly increasing winds.
  • Second half: We’ll be in the mid- to low-30s by the start of the second half, and winds will be up to 15 mph.

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tampa beat the Packers despite the profligacy of their QB, who was intercepted at least 3 times in the second half. He was baled out by his defence.

On the other side of the draw I have to hand it to the KC defence for their excellent coverage - Josh Allen had nowhere to throw and they dont have a spectacular running game to fall back on, or provide a balanced offense. The Chiefs playcalling wasnt too shabby either.

The Chiefs came alive at the right time and must be heavily odds on to retain the Superrbowl, barring mishaps.

Unfortunately my betting policy was to oppose Kansas City as they were always favourites to win the thing - that's not normally value as its too obvious. Got my fingers burnt this year having tipped up and backed KC last year @ 14/1 or so.

Jack NSM

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.me

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2009
Somewhere
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think if the Bucks defence can get to Mahomes then they will take the Superbowl

Speedskater

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
AKA
Kevin Graf
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Chief's problems started with the  assistant coach's car crash and the team never got back together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Chiefs were in disarray virtually throughout, and penalty-wise they just gave it away. Mahomes was never comfortable due to the Bucs defensive line which was formidable (read as the French 'formidable').

I laid them to lose their conference and nearly won that bet when Mahomes was benched through injury.

Bah!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles