NOW ABSOLUTELY 100% SOLD Stunning mint Audia Flight FLS10 Class A Integrated - for swaps+£ or possibly a straight sale

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I fully expect this ad to still be here in 2020 and the amp to still be here in 2030 and I'll be perfectly happy if it is; at least I'll have "tried" to be sensible!

Some of you will remember when I started the Audia Flight Owner's Club thread and then posted pics of the unboxing of my Class A beast of an integrated; that post copied below for the pics of actual amp. I hadn't planned on buying an £8k RRP amp, it sort of happened as an attractive and honourable way out of an otherwise unrelated hifi deal... but I was delighted when it arrived and it continues to give me huge pleasure when I listen to it ... which is not as often as I'd like because it's the star of the hifi show in my Kendal apartment 180 miles away where I stay for a few days every few weeks.

I love it but the ratio between how much it's worth and the number of hours of listening pleasure it gives me is mad, hence this long shot ad to stimulate your creativity.

I'd like to free up some hard-earned by doing a trade, cash my way, with someone who has an integrated or pre or power or pre-power combo and is looking to step up. It has to be a well regarded amp in its own right. I'm thinking Class A or Class AB; brands like Sugden and Krell spring to mind but there are others I'm sure; I'd even be up for a return to vintage like the Rotel Michi and Pioneer Urushi I've loved. Think "street cred" and you'll be thinking along the right lines. Whatever, it needs some oomph to drive my ATC SCM40's which are only 85dB sensitivity.

UPDATE: for a straight sale I'm looking for sensible offers - by sensible, I mean don’t even think about sub-£4,000. It's an excellent amp so I'd rather hang onto it than give it away...

An alternative would be for me to swap the amp for a system which includes such amp(s) alongside something more immediately saleable where I take the risk/hit in converting that to cash. I know Carl @Shakey_Studioincar is trying to clear stuff out with his own ad (free plug there for you Carl) so is not up for playing swapsies, but that sort of gear - gorgeous Plinius combo plus lovely and saleable B&W 803's - might have been the basis of an interesting conversation under different circumstances.

So a sort of half-hearted long shot as I said and I'm more than happy to bide my time or just be "stuck" with this in 2030: things could be a lot worse.

Get your thinking caps on. If you have any serious thoughts/propositions, PM me. If you just want to kick my tires, no problem , keep bumping!

All the best,

Nigel

The arrival, unpacking and installation ceremony:

DSC04283.jpg

All I need now is some passive speakers to test it with... I'm collecting my ATC SCM40's from Musicraft tomorrow.

:eek:j:

Last edited by a moderator:
F

forgot-my-id

I might have to visit the Lakes, stay in your flat, pray for torrential rain so I dont have to trog over the hills :)

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I might have to visit the Lakes, stay in your flat, pray for torrential rain so I dont have to trog over the hills :)
Luckily, God smiles generously on his Lake District creation and requires only the most modest of prayers to initiate a downpour. I think you'll be safe and your boots can return home as dry as when they left*

*PS. This is complete tosh. The Lakes always basks in mediterranean sunshine but we pretend it's very wet to keep visitor numbers down.

• Haha
Reactions: Nopiano

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I fully expect this ad to still be here in 2020 and the amp to still be here in 2030 and I'll be perfectly happy if it is; at least I'll have "tried" to be sensible!

Some of you will remember when I started the Audia Flight Owner's Club thread and then posted pics of the unboxing of my Class A beast of an integrated; that post copied below for the pics of actual amp. I hadn't planned on buying an £8k RRP amp, it sort of happened as an attractive and honourable way out of an otherwise unrelated hifi deal... but I was delighted when it arrived and it continues to give me huge pleasure when I listen to it ... which is not as often as I'd like because it's the star of the hifi show in my Kendal apartment 180 miles away where I stay for a few days every few weeks.

I love it but the ratio between how much it's worth and the number of hours of listening pleasure it gives me is mad, hence this long shot ad to stimulate your creativity.

I'd like to free up some hard-earned by doing a trade, cash my way, with someone who has an integrated or pre or power or pre-power combo and is looking to step up. It has to be a well regarded amp in its own right. I'm thinking Class A or Class AB; brands like Sugden and Krell spring to mind but there are others I'm sure; I'd even be up for a return to vintage like the Rotel Michi and Pioneer Urushi I've loved. Think "street cred" and you'll be thinking along the right lines. Whatever, it needs some oomph to drive my ATC SCM40's which are only 85dB sensitivity.

An alternative would be for me to swap the amp for a system which includes such amp(s) alongside something more immediately saleable where I take the risk/hit in converting that to cash. I know Carl @Shakey_Studioincar is trying to clear stuff out with his own ad (free plug there for you Carl) so is not up for playing swapsies, but that sort of gear - gorgeous Plinius combo plus lovely and saleable B&W 803's - might have been the basis of an interesting conversation under different circumstances.

So a sort of half-hearted long shot as I said and I'm more than happy to bide my time or just be "stuck" with this in 2030: things could be a lot worse.

Get your thinking caps on. If you have any serious thoughts/propositions, PM me. If you just want to kick my tires, no problem , keep bumping!

All the best,

Nigel
Traditional Friday evening bump.

Thetiminator

Painfully Virile
Wammer
Nov 12, 2012
In the doghouse :(
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The most enjoyable CD player I ever heard was an Audia Flight, it was played after a DCS something or other and it made the DCS sound like a bag of nails. Really beautiful stuff but very little known about in the U.K. if I was in the market I’d buy it in a flash....

Reactions: TheFlash

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
If you can find one, a vintage Pioneer A-09 class A monster integrated would float your boat.

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The most enjoyable CD player I ever heard was an Audia Flight, it was played after a DCS something or other and it made the DCS sound like a bag of nails. Really beautiful stuff but very little known about in the U.K. if I was in the market I’d buy it in a flash....
I see what you did there!

👍

• Haha
Reactions: Nopiano

Warszawa

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 12, 2013
UK
AKA
Joe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
tl;dr -  Audia Flight FLS10 integrated amp for trade.  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just updated opening post as follows:

UPDATE: for a straight sale I'm looking for close to the £5,000 being asked for same amp by Elite Audio. Sensible offers, not low ball! It's an excellent amp so I'd rather hang onto it than give it away...

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Andrei

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 28, 2013
Napier
AKA
Andrei
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
for a straight sale I'm looking for sensible offers - by sensible, I mean don’t even think about sub-£4,000. It's an excellent amp so I'd rather hang onto it than give it away...
Downunder it is a buyers market.  So I have picked up some bargains when buying and taken some baths when selling.  The result of a small market I assume.  What I am coming to is that I have hung on to a bit of gear that I should really have moved on - at least if I was being fiscally responsible.  I will give you an example:  Can you believe I have a Daniel Hertz  M6 Preamp on my desktop - desktop?  This is the single best component I own.  It has a usb input and drives a pair of modest desktop speakers (antediluvian B&W MM1s).   I do not use it in my main rig as I prefer a Pre with a remote.  It is so good that I fancy it is an heirloom product.  My kids will fight over it when I am gone.  So - coming to the point:  If the AF is that good, and I suspect it is, just keep it. 

On the other hand Flash there is another way of looking at this.  Do not be offended by lowball offers.  (They are actually helpful.)  In the great scheme of things there is a satisfaction in knowing that your 'children' have gone to a good home.  If the dosh is less than you would like ... C’est la vie.  I just sold my latest model W4S DAC for some fraction of what I paid for it but was gratified by the buyers excitement of owning an 'unaffordable' component.

Reactions: batteredhaggis

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles