Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well, not quite because the printer route to a pdf takes information from the printer set up in terms of paper size, orientation and indeed sometimes whether it is converted to RGB or CMYK etc whereas the export function doesn't.
ie not always the same result and sometimes more steps if the default printer set up requires changing.
This is a silly argument; why are we having it? I simply pointed out an alternative approach to the same end. It might (I dont know) even be more universal than merely Microsoft products. Some people might find it easier to use. That’s all.

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
This is a silly argument; why are we having it? I simply pointed out an alternative approach to the same end. It might (I dont know) even be more universal than merely Microsoft products. Some people might find it easier to use. That’s all.
It’s an educational discussion as we had strayed into how best to create a pdf for printing. A pdf from the print function is not necessarily the same as one from a dedicated export or save as function. These things can matter and when correct printing is required or if the pdf requires a certain format it matters even more. 

It is neither silly nor is it an argument mon brave. 

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
To be honest my poster is that S--T whatever it is printed in does not matter so long as people can read the text . Wish I could do somehting better but to be honest more conerned I have all the right leads and spare.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'll tweak it for you if you want
Thanks Paul but as they say you cannot make silk purse out of a Sows Ear . I would have said you cannot polish a Turd but I now know this not correct you can in fact get it polished to a mirror finish as proved on Myth Busters.

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
 I would have said you cannot polish a Turd but I now know this not correct you can in fact get it polished to a mirror finish as proved on Myth Busters.
You can also make it sparkly, by rolling it in glitter. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: TheFlash

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sadly Lurch when polished it is in fact very hard indeed so unless you roll it in adhesive first any glitter will fall off a bit like when it is applied to my beard.

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Paul but as they say you cannot make silk purse out of a Sows Ear . I would have said you cannot polish a Turd but I now know this not correct you can in fact get it polished to a mirror finish as proved on Myth Busters.
Come on, Andrew, play the game. Send me or Paul your sow's ear of a poster and let one of us do our best so that Nick can print you a silk purse...

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Andrew  @bencat did it himself and it is no sow's ear!!
Well much more important can some one bring some blu tack . I had a new pack all ready for the show but Linda my wife now tells me it is going to the grandson,s in the morning .

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well much more important can some one bring some blu tack . I had a new pack all ready for the show but Linda my wife now tells me it is going to the grandson,s in the morning .
women!!

Andrew, I have a new pack, shout me in room 117
Remind us, Andrew, what exactly does your butler do? Or have you given him the day off? So Nick will print your poster, Paul will give you the blutac and I'll bring you some speaker cable; do you want us to find another wammer to turn your sheets down and put a little point on your toilet paper? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Maverick

raphaelsamad

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2006
Hampshire
AKA
Raphael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Nick,

I hope that you are able do a Door Poster for me.

I have just pm'd you and sent you my pdf file for an A3 print out.

Many thanks - I definitely owe you a pint for this.

Raphael, Room 5
Hi Nick, I popped up to see you a few times but could not catch you. Thank you for dropping off my door posters, much appreciated. Raphael, Room 5. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles