Have to try this!
Wammer
Jan 18, 2014
Dundee
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve had an Auralic Aires streamer for some years now which I control from my iPad via their Lightning DS app. Not infrequently- far too often in fact - I get the Oops, we can’t find your streamer message and i have to re-start the app, or the streamer, or both which is really annoying when you have guests in or your children laughing at you as your expensive kit isn’t working!
Then I moved over to controlling things from my iPhone on the same network and I’ve never had this problem, or so rarely that I can’t remember! So I’m assuming that there must be an issue with some setting on my iPad but I can’t work it out.
Anyone found a solution?

thewestfield

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 1, 2013
Malvern
AKA
Mal
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had regular issues with my iPad when I had an Aries Mini using the DS App and moved to Roon in the end. My thoughts were that it was something to do with the age of my IPad, which was 7 years old at the time, and or the DS app being optimised for the iPhone. As I say, I didn’t pursue it as I found Roon to be better than DS.

Cable Monkey

Staff member
May 16, 2006
Birmingham, UK
AKA
Henry
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Not all Apple products are equal, their relative age will have a big impact on how they work. My old Gen 2 iPad Pro is as stable as anything running Roon but there are lots of reports of later models, particularly iPhone 13’s crashing continuously running the same software. One thing you can do is look at the App to see how big it is. Removing it fully and re applying it often shrinks the size of such apps which can grow through successive updates. But you shouldn’t have to be doing that too often.

simon g

Senior Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2006
Lincolnshire Coast
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Lightning app stores data on the device being used (iPad, iphone, whatever). This can be quite a large memory usage. Take a look at your app data and you will see just what resources it is using. Not much to be done, but for future perhaps consider a model with an imoroved processor and as much memory as you can afford!

Reactions: JezR

wino2020

Have to try this!
Wammer
Jan 18, 2014
Dundee
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks guys. Tried deleting everything and re-installing but nothing seems a permanent solution.
Got this from Auralic
It appears the WIFi module inside the unit has broken. During the past two years, we have aware that the WiFi module inside ARIES which supplied by Intel has a higher defect rate and it may need to be replaced from time to time. Please refer to this link in our community for detail: https://community.auralic.com/t/aries-femto-reliability-problems-solved/5284
Might give this a try though I‘m not sure how this explains the app finding the streamer on the iPhone but not the iPad.

Anyone else tried a replacement card?