Linn Owners

Organik for Akubariks II

pirov

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 25, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So it's now a year since Linn launched Organik as part of the new DSM, and eight months since the upgrade was made available for 350 loudspeakers.

Any news on the Organik upgrade for Exakt Akubariks?

I can't imagine many EAs being sold given rumours of the upgrade - or maybe it's not going to happen.

Reactions: akamatsu

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Organik upgrades for 350s were launched at the same time as the NG KDSM.

’troll

Reactions: pirov and akamatsu

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Haven't heard anything lately. But then, I haven't been inquiring. The NGKDSMH has really mitigated the urgency of getting Organik. Plus there's the potential cartridge upgrade that could hold me over even longer. I'd say put on a well recorded LP and enjoy your fantastic system. Organik will arrive when it does, which may be a while with all that's going on concerning supply chains.

pirov

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 25, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Haven't heard anything lately. But then, I haven't been inquiring. The NGKDSMH has really mitigated the urgency of getting Organik. Plus there's the potential cartridge upgrade that could hold me over even longer. I'd say put on a well recorded LP and enjoy your fantastic system. Organik will arrive when it does, which may be a while with all that's going on concerning supply chains.
Well yes, one reason for asking is that I too am contemplating a cartridge upgrade – Ekstatik or Lyra Etna SL :)

pirov

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 25, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I will go with the Ekstatik when the time comes. I'm thinking that coming from Kandid, this will be a bigger upgrade than the Akubariks getting Organik. Source first.
Although I would expect the Ekstatik upgrade to increase the superiority of the LP12 over DS performance, good though the NGDSM hub is ...

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Although I would expect the Ekstatik upgrade to increase the superiority of the LP12 over DS performance, good though the NGDSM hub is ...
It's interesting in that the definition of source has changed a bit for me. Since NGKDSM streaming sounded better than Klimax LP12 with Akurate Exakt DSM, it seems that the new source is Klimax LP12 and NGKDSM.

Reactions: Piercro

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles