Linn Owners

Organik for Akubariks

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I did ask my local dealer about this yesterday. Trade in value is £5k. Not great!
Against a NG KDSM/3 product, the Linn trade in for a Klimax DSM is up to £7k, for a Klimax System Hub it is up to £4K. I dare say the devil is in the detail of the “up to” and how good a customer you are (the Linn Trade in reduces the dealer margin, so they lose the profit on that £7/4K)

The dealer gets to keep your traded in box, to sell on, so they should also offer a fair trade in value on top of the Linn “discount”.

As ever, other dealers are available.

’troll

Reactions: Newton John

Newton John

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2018
Cumbria, UK
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Against a NG KDSM/3 product, the Linn trade in for a Klimax DSM is up to £7k, for a Klimax System Hub it is up to £4K. I dare say the devil is in the detail of the “up to” and how good a customer you are (the Linn Trade in reduces the dealer margin, so they lose the profit on that £7/4K)

The dealer gets to keep your traded in box, to sell on, so they should also offer a fair trade in value on top of the Linn “discount”.

As ever, other dealers are available.

’troll
I have been offered £4K off a NGKSH for my KDSM/1, but I get to keep it to sell privately (or use in a second system, if I had one).

They were talking about an additional £3K to take it off my hands, so I guess that makes up the £7K you mention.

It strikes me as a fair deal all round.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hmm, that wasn’t my understanding  @Newton John, but they may have some way of grading traded in models. 

‘troll

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
how does the KDSM hub solve the problem? Would i not still need to update the speakers with Katalyst/Organik?
You would not need to upgrade the speakers to Katalyst nor Organik, but it would sound better of course. The NG Klimax DSM Hub will make a huge difference to your system. I would say the biggest improvement you can make. I think if you did go for it, you would be happy with your Akubarks as they are for now, and then just wait for Organik to happen.

G7SUM

New Wammer
Nov 9, 2021
Question please - Are you certain the trade in offer is still running? My local dealer is checking tomorrow but was under the impression it had finished?

• Sad
Reactions: Coalboy68

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DollyCBDGummies