SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
12Bore wrote:

What! prick and ring in the same post? Which forum is this ?!?
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
Be quiet you prude. We have begun our psychological penetration into the hidden reams of Wagner's Ring and no crevice will be left unexplored.
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

12Bore

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 1, 2005
Pub
AKA
Joe
Prude? Me? I'll have you know that sometime I leave the lights on,,, but the Judge said that if I keep leaving the curtains open, there'll be trouble!
tongue.png

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
^^ I think that's what he's worried about!

Omigod! A Wagner sticky! Is there no end to the decadence and depravity?????????

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Auntie Boxer!
quad.gif

Long time no see, mon cherie. You arrived at the right time. I was about to turn our audience's attention to the complex last scene of Gotterdammerung where the hulking Hagen failed to pull out Siegfried's finger from his Ring, but it slid off easily when his aunt Brunnhilde did the honors. What could it all mean?
biggrin.png

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
When I first came upon Wagner's ring, I found it pretty impenetrable to my clumsy probings. Eventually I discovered that with practice I was able to ease into it, enjoying the rhythmic build-up and the sustained pleasurable tension rather than just rushing straight towards the climax.

When you are accustomed to Wagner's ring, it can be both gripping and accomodating. The very tightness of the piece can seem like a barrier to entry, but once you have got your head into it satisfaction will not be far behind!
biggrin.png

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
SSM wrote:

Hi Auntie Boxer!
quad.gif
Long time no see, mon cherie. You arrived at the right time. I was about to turn our audience's attention to the complex last scene of Gotterdammerung where the hulking Hagen failed to pull out Siegfried's finger from his Ring, but it slid off easily when his aunt Brunnhilde did the honors. What could it all mean?
biggrin.png
Well, dear, if that psycho-sexual/scatological deconstruction of children's literature which we did last summer is anything to go by, then the sky's the limit...

Such rich terrritory, Wagner...

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
penance wrote:

SSM wrote:
penance wrote:
I have been in his ring.
Let's see how familiar you are then...:nerd:

Question: which part of their bodies did Siegfried and Hagen prick when swearing the oath of brotherhood?
costumed-smiley-088.gif.0d430dec15178e12a2ae10e497cd4e9e.gif
:hom:

biggrin.png
I only popped in and out of his ring briefly, but i think it was an arm?
That is correct. But you missed the snag in this trick question.
biggrin.png
Gunther is the one who swore the oath of brotherhood with Siegfried, not Hagen!
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

Time for you to put your head to Wagner's Ring for a remedial.
wink.png

SS

themadlatvian

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 28, 2008
Huddersfield
AKA
John
;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) :roll: ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

There's only one way to truly understand Wagner's Ring Cycle, and that is to listen to the incredibly funny summary of the entire plot in half an hour by Anna Russell (Look her up - a VERY funny lady)

Her humour has remained amusing and relevant to our modern world despite it dating from approaching 50 years ago.

Try to findAnna Russell's stuff- trust me it will be worth it, and recordings of her brilliant monologues are readily available on eBay and elsewhere.

:shock:John - the Mad Latvian

Reactions: bohemian

zebra100

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 10, 2008
UK
AKA
Chris
I like to dip in and out of "The Ring", but the wife finds it a bit of a pain in the arse.

I think she prefers Mozart to be honest:minikiev:

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Despite its assumed political connections, IMO the Wagner Ring cycle etc is probably best appreciated by reference to your life when you first experienced it partially or completely.

AlanB

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 20, 2007
West Midlands
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Being an insomniac Icame across this thread at 2.45 am. This is the funniest read I've had in yonks. I'm having trouble holding it in (no not IN Wagner's Ring) for fear I'll wake the missus next door.

Well done you wammers for seeing the funny side of the Ring. I never realised there was one.

As an asideI was drawn into it - here we go again - by the complete TV showing over several weeks with Solti. I bought the set and it doesn't have the same impact the film had. Probably because it was subtitled whereas one has to read the booklet whilst listening and it disturbs the concentration on the music/performance.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You bastards. I've just launched a mouthfull of coffee over the keyboard and monitor.

Tom B.

Wammer
New Wammer
Feb 28, 2010
Mountain View (Goog
Furtwangler's 1953-RIA live performance recording floats my boat. I have difficulty getting enthused about anyone else. I have a bias for great sounding Mono recordings.
upload.mpl
:dunno:

Greetings from the States....this is my 1st post. I hope I didn't blow it.

Tom B.

Tom B.

Wammer
New Wammer
Feb 28, 2010
Mountain View (Goog
Furtwangler's 1953-RIA live performance recording floats my boat. I have difficulty getting enthused about anyone else. I have a bias for great sounding Mono recordings. :dunno:

Greetings from the States....this is my 1st post. I hope I didn't blow it.

Tom B.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles