Wammer
Wammer
Jul 12, 2011
Kilmarnock
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For sale, my beautiful Perreaux Eloquence 250i 40th Anniversary Edition integrated amplifier, number 26 of 50 made, with the latest onboard ESS9038 Pro DAC module.

It is in immaculate condition, comes with original double box, user manual, certificate and 2 remotes.

I am the 2nd owner and I have owned it since January 2018.

The upgraded DAC module was fitted by Audio Emotion.

RRP was around £8,000.

So, what’s so special about the 40th Anniversary Edition? It has upgraded mains smoothing capacitors to ultra low ESR versions, upgraded amplifier to binding post internal cabling and upgraded small signal stage capacitors.

Rated power is 250Wrms into 8 ohm and 500Wrms into 4 ohm.

It’s a stunningly good amplifier and will pretty much drive anything you like. I’ve used it with Impulse Taus and H2’s, Magnepan 1.7 and 3.7, 15” Tannoy Mansfield and Monitor Audio PL300.

I’m looking for £3,000 and would be happy to deliver it within 150 miles or so of Kilmarnock (just south west of Glasgow) and you are more than welcome to come to my house for a listen.
Really really really not keen to send by a courier, don’t care who the courier is I’m not trusting them with this.

per_3.JPG

per_5.JPG

per_9.JPG

per_8.JPG

per_7.JPG

per_1.JPG

Pure_Carbon

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 2, 2009
Englishman in Wales.
AKA
Lord Lucan (Oops...)
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Excellent amp, big fan of Perreaux.

Had the small Audiant 80 integrated , the pre and the VP3 phono stage over the last few years.

Superb build , and sounded great.

GLWS.

• Upvote
Reactions: Rayymondo

Junaman

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 19, 2016
Near Edinburgh
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have the Perrauex Eloquence 250i.  It is a cracking amp and was once claimed to be the most powerful integrated on the market.  Hi-fi News lab results showed it has a lot more power than the name describes:

"Those manufacturers who insist on specifying their amplifiers rather too closely to the wind could learn a thing or two from Perreaux. This ‘250W’ Eloquence 250i integrated will, in fact, deliver far closer to 2x420W/8ohm and 2x670W/4ohm with a thundering 545W and 1kW, respectively, under dynamic conditions."

As mentioned, great build, great sound and will drive even the most difficult speakers.  GLWS

killie99

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 12, 2011
Kilmarnock
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You're welcome to come and visit, I used it with Tannoy Mansfields to very good effect and as coincidence would have it, I used to have a Luxman L550 aii before switching to Perreaux.

Richdirector

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 16, 2015
Glasgee Skottishland
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bump Dropped in for a listen and this is an amazing amp for little money... Fantastic grip on bass and transients. Very tempting but a sideways move from my a class luxman (and I'd have to source a phono stage) my tannoys aren't hard to drive but imagine this would really come into its own with even the most difficult loads. Effortless power....
GLWS