Wammer
Oct 26, 2006
London, England
AKA
Anthony
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Alan,

Heard them at the Heathrow show last September, but think they were prototypes. They are also very large and possibly too big for the "bedroom" they were being demonstrated in. Needless to say they didn't rock my boat, but it was show conditions and I am an electrostatic man and I think these are some form of horn speaker.

Howard Popeck formerly of Listen Carefully fame is now promoting them. but I don't know if his website is still active.

Anthony

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I thought the Podium 1 speakers at the "other" HeathrowShow in Septemberwere really good. Dynamic impact? Phworr !! You bet. Scale? Yup. Clarity? yup. Pinpoint imaging? ... errr ... no. Effing big? yup !!

But the smaller Podium 2 is just released and should be at the Heathrow Show at the end of this month. Only a metre or so high and about £1k I think. Could be a stunner.

Uncle Ants

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2005
East Midlands, Unite
AKA
Tony
A little coy about their specs. According to their site:

Efficiency: Astonishing

Frequency response: Totally unprecedented in a large 100% pure dipole

I feel informed
smile.png

E

earl of sodbury

Presumably some kind of NXT derivative, wonder what the bass quality is like?

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was so impressed with the big Podium 1 speakers, I spent about 1/2 hour in the Show room altogether.

The onlysignificant downside I could hear after (only) 30 mins was rather vague imaging.

A

Alex A

They were RUBBISH at manchester. Muffled, tinny and soft. Bugger all bass. A really really insubstantial sound. Even with an MF KW driving them. It was a big room too and the scale of sound is what you'd expect from a small budget standmount.

And massive feckers too. I don't see the attraction.

The American dude was coming out with some classics:

"You see, it's not loud but it's a big sound."

He put on some glam rock, and it was just completely drained of any excitement. I'd steer well clear if you like energetic music.

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A pair are currently sat next door in our measurement room and i have been playing with them this morning.

Interesting.........
wink.png

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Beobloke wrote:

A pair are currently sat next door in our measurement room and i have been playing with them this morning.Interesting.........
wink.png
You are not going to leave it at "interesting" .... are you?
cry_smile.gif.e6f167d6925baafe229b8957ba771316.gif

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2005
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
JANDL100 wrote:

Beobloke wrote:
A pair are currently sat next door in our measurement room and i have been playing with them this morning.Interesting.........
wink.png
course not, but you will need to buy the mag to find out
biggrin.png

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Biscuit wrote:

Efficiency: Astonishing

Frequency response: Totally unprecedented in a large 100% pure dipole
but are your measurments going to be able to top those for accuracy and usefulness BB?
wink.png

biggrin.png
Frankly, I wouldn't know how to even contemplate improving on these......
biggrin.png

Paul wrote:

JANDL100 wrote:
Beobloke wrote:
wink.png
course not, but you will need to buy the mag to find out
biggrin.png
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif
:sw:

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Biscuit wrote:

The secret ingredient to Podium Sound technology derives from Shelley's background as a world-class musician. Dr Katz – a professional concert pianist applies his significant experience drawn directly from performing in countless leading concert halls around the World to determine just how close he is to achieving this challenging goal.

Shelley Katz holds aMMus in Piano Performance from the Julliard School and a BMus(Hon) from the same highly prestigious institution. Additionally he holds a PhD in the research area of Cognition of Expression in Music from the University of Surrey and fulfills duties as one of two Musicians in Residence at the ISC - Queen's University

:shock:they got a man ona piano inside them thats why they are so big :dude:

If they are nxt panels then I don't want to listen to them - the size will be necessary to give bass (and I cant believeit will be enough) and they will never image in a million years.

I refuse to buy any magazine but if its not in a celophane wrap I might thumb through it in Smiths :nerd:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles