Proac tablette

griffo58

Wammer
Jan 26, 2021
Crewe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Has anyone got any proac tablette preferably 10 I could have a listen to I live in Crewe Cheshire thanks

Reactions: Tarzan

fordy

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 29, 2006
Wirral, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you want Tab 10's then listen to them only because as a sealed box design in the tradition of an LS3/5a they do not sound remotely similar to all the rest of the older reflex-ported Tablettes. I had Tab 10 Sigs briefly and found them to have an explicit mid-band and sweet treble but no bass. I tried them in several rooms, on several amps, close to and away from walls but could not get any meaningful bass out of them that I was used to with the Tab 50 Sigs.

Reactions: Boroman and Tarzan

griffo58

Wammer
Jan 26, 2021
Crewe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you want Tab 10's then listen to them only because as a sealed box design in the tradition of an LS3/5a they do not sound remotely similar to all the rest of the older reflex-ported Tablettes. I had Tab 10 Sigs briefly and found them to have an explicit mid-band and sweet treble but no bass. I tried them in several rooms, on several amps, close to and away from walls but could not get any meaningful bass out of them that I was used to with the Tab 50 Sigs.
Heard the falcon ls3 gold badge at Cranage thought they were excellent but out of my price range that's why looking at proac tablette would the ported models have a bit more bass

fordy

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 29, 2006
Wirral, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Heard the falcon ls3 gold badge at Cranage thought they were excellent but out of my price range that's why looking at proac tablette would the ported models have a bit more bass
I heard those Falcon’s too and they sounded superb.

The Tab10’s are really special in the mids and are worth hearing in your own system but I preferred the overall even balance of the older ported ones because of the better bass quality.

Reactions: griffo58

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles