Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Today is a tough choice at two of my regular haunts:

highvoltagejam.jpg

or

http://www.talbotburnley.co.uk/_/rsrc/1476207083681/bands/Never Mind v6A-page0001.jpg?height=400&width=282

It's either 20 versions of All Right Now and Whisky in the Jar or 20 versions of Anarchy in the UK.

I may go for 10 of each.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well as if I hadn't had enough of a good night night with the ELP tribute band, I wandered down to the Flying Horse in Rochdale town centre to see who was on. The place was jammed and the joint was a jumpin as they say. The Reno Corrado Pimps are a brilliant live pub band and really put there all into it; intense I would call them. Not the usual Whisky in the jar and Alright Now but more recent material. A good end to a great night apart from slipping and falling when I was taking a short cut through the graveyard. Something tells me I will pay for this.

http://nwb.co/therenocorradopimps

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Boomin. A trio of pie eaters from Wigan.
Playing an anarchic set of Led Zep, Madonna, Queen, John Travolta and Olivia Newton John, The Killers etc. A chaotic riotous shambles of three music students who can really play who don't seem to give a flying fuck but who underneath it all are really tight as a gnats chuff and really well above competent.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Friday was a band from Blackpool on at the Polished Knob in Todmorden. That good we missed the last train. Black-A-Day or Water. anyway very enjoyable with a welcome Irish flavour of the Sawdoctors and the Waterboys.
Sunday a country tinged band from the land of 6 digits (Rossendale Valley), Cheating Hearts. Easily the best version of Maggie May I've heard anywhere. Not to mention Leonard Cohen' Dance me to the End of Love which finished with a mandolin solo that just increased in tempo Like nothing I've heard since the Hornpipe at the end of Tubular Bells. Very fitting. I asked Phil the landlord at the Talbot in Burnley to get the plates ready next time.

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Friday proved very entertaining from a band and audience perspective. A journey into West Yorkshire to see a band from Bacup in Lancashire. This aged hairy space cadet entered the room in a high Viz jacket. Ordered his glass of tapwater to facilitate his ingestion of meds. Suitably tuned off came the jacket and he placed himself in front of the singer and after a few cosmic movements proceeded to plat his long grey beard into two pigtails. Job done, phase two. More cosmic flower child movements then off with his jumper which was tied around his copious waste. Phase 3 more cosmic Kara followed by removal of trousers revealing a damn fine pair of Long John's. Although I suspect the jumper was in place to hide the skid marks on the Long John's. Unhindered by taste and outer garments he then proceeded to break dance. Not a pretty sight but admirable considering his age of mid 60s and considerable tonnage.
The band played on oblivious.

occasional thinker

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 11, 2009
Steel City
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tonight off to darkest Yorkshire to see The Revelator Band, a cosmic mutant blues band.

http://www.revelatorband.com/

They hail from Leeds so anything could happen.,

We only saw the first set as we had to get the last train back. What a great band musically and entertaining. Both humour and great music played well, made for a great night. The frontman was hilarious in a dry sort of way, the keyboard player was great as were the drummer and bassist. The frontman knew how to work an audience and had us enthralled with his stories and performance.

I believe there are a few wammers in Leeds. Catch them at the Duck and Drake as it seems to be a regular venue of theirs.

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In sunny Rochdale and tonight we are spoilt for choice
I'm the Flying Horse we have the Jackson Kay Band and next door at the Empire which was an old Bingo hall we have the Manchester Ska Foundation an 8 piece who are bringing the house down. They're currently on a break so we're back in the Flyer.

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Kinnell, hats off to the landlord at the Flying Horse in Rochdale. He's only gone and booked an 18 + piece band for tonight and they're great. The Suburban Swing Orchestra. Play all the biggest band classics with a couple of phenomenal singers guesting on a few numbers. Second set due at midnight.

• Upvote
Reactions: Gizza

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The train strike nearly put the kibosh on Sunday evenings event. I managed to skank a lift and even though we arrived late it was an enjoyable experience. I've seen the band before but seeing them at this particular venue was a must due to the enthusiastic crowd. It resembled a mosh pit at a nursing home at times and was a sharp reminder of my own frailties and mortality. Some of the old munters were really giving it their all with their Tiger Feet. More than one or two had to be either picked up off the floor or steadied. You could almost hear the rattle of Zimmer frames.

http://www.glam45.com/

Being in the Glitter Band is not something I would boast but - - -

Gizza

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Mar 12, 2011
Sutton Coldfield
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The train strike nearly put the kibosh on Sunday evenings event. I managed to skank a lift and even though we arrived late it was an enjoyable experience. I've seen the band before but seeing them at this particular venue was a must due to the enthusiastic crowd. It resembled a mosh pit at a nursing home at times and was a sharp reminder of my own frailties and mortality. Some of the old munters were really giving it their all with their Tiger Feet. More than one or two had to be either picked up off the floor or steadied. You could almost hear the rattle of Zimmer frames.

http://www.glam45.com/

Being in the Glitter Band is not something I would boast but - - -
Love a bit of glam rock. Good to hear you had a good night. Keep music live and all that....

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Last minute trip down to Todmorden. At the Golden Lion we are having a Moog party. Which consist of a DJ with 3 decks and some other paraphernalia, two keyboard players both with Moog's, a bongo player and hippy dancers.
On to the Polished Knob we have the Jake Dixon band which is act a duo. Guitarist/singer plus a drummer/keyboard player. I've never seen anything like this. Drums with right hand, keyboard with left and some vocals. If there's one thing I can't stand it's a smart arse. Upbeat bluesy stuff and sounding good.

JD68

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 23, 2015
Manchester
AKA
John Dunne
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Had a great night on Sunday. Went to see a Californian singer called Miranda Lee Richards at a small pub in Manchester. Most won't have heard of her but I loved her album she released last year. New one this year isn't bad either.

Gig was in a back room with about 50 people so was about two yards from the stage. Simply can't beat being that close to an artist when they perform. 

Bought her new album at the gig and got her to sign it. Had a quick chat with her too which I was well chuffed about. 

Cracking night. 

Old Git

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jun 23, 2014
Bristol...innit
AKA
Miserable
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Small venues are great, just so much more intimate and 'in touch'. Saw Muse at Wembley, shite.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online