Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2010
Notts
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I posted a compliment a while back about the flawless service given by Sodders and Purite North when I let the moths out of my wallet and shelled out for a pair of Acoustic Energy Reference 1s.

When setting up said speakers at my home back in September Paul told me that Acoustic Energy have an after-sales policy of visiting Reference Series customers to ensure they get the most from their fairly expensive aquisitions. Whilst being impressed I didn't really expect anything to materialise. I let a month pass before reminding Paul of his promise and, sure enough, within a few days a date had been set.

Reuben from AE and Paul duly arrived at the appointed time which was, incidently, a Saturday afternoon and we spent a couple of hours listening to music, adjusting speaker positions, discussing room acoustics, system set up, recommended recordings, the state of the industry and all manner of esoteric stuff. Well, if I'm honest, Paul and Reuben were doing most of the jaw-wagging, me, still being a green Wammer, merely observed, soaking it up and making notes!

The session proved invaluable, I learnt a helluva lot from a couple of industry heavyweights (ooops, that'll provoke some mirth, sorry Sodders!), my system is sounding sweeter than ever and my horizons are expanded. Reuben turned out to be a gent and a fierce enthusiast with a lifetime in the business. Oh, and the speakers are gorgeous!!!

SO WHAT!! I hear you cry.

Just this, there's a bewildering choice when it comes to buying new kit and we demand maximum satisfaction from our moolah. Companies which care about quality and care about their customers deserve praise and I hereby commend Purite North and Acoustic Energy to the Wam.

Ps - I have no connection with these companies other than being a satisfied customer.

• Upvote
Reactions: Samantha
G

Sounds like one happy customer, jobs a good un' :^ .

I look forward to hearing them Chris:).

M

Mike P

Sounds like really excellent service both from AE and Purite North. Companies that try this hard deserve to be successful - well done chaps.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I ordered a pair of Black AE 305's off Paul last week, after placing my order he was told the Black were out of stock till December.

Kick in some top customer service - a pair of B grade were dispatched to me and Rueben will coming next month to delivery my new ones personally :D

Not sure what is 'B' grade about them, they look very fine.

AE 305 by Barry JP, on Flickr

age136

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2008
plymouth
AKA
Adrian
They look fantastic in black Barry .

Good to hear of a British company doing all of the right things .

G

What a beautiful set-up, and the speakers themselves look fandabbydosey. (I also suspect there's a modicum of skill with a camera!)

Any chance of another shot showing both speakers?

Oh, and the service from Paul and AE sounds outstanding - one in the eye for all the lazy, entitled box-shifting wonkers out there.

I ordered a pair of Black AE 305's off Paul last week, after placing my order he was told the Black were out of stock till December.Kick in some top customer service - a pair of B grade were dispatched to me and Rueben will coming next month to delivery my new ones personally :D

Not sure what is 'B' grade about them, they look very fine.

AE 305 by Barry JP, on Flickr

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
What a beautiful set-up, and the speakers themselves look fandabbydosey.
You do realise that you just typed this on a public forum, don't you :shock:

G

You do realise that you just typed this on a public forum, don't you :shock:
It did cross my mind that it might give away the secret that I am actually Jimmy Krankie.

PhilofCas

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 23, 2011
Yorkshire
AKA
Yep
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Any chance of someone measuring the dimensions of the top of these speakers please? just doing some room speaker positioning shuftying about, thank you.

Jumpin'atshadows

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2010
Notts
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Those 305s really are superb speakers, it took me a while to make my mind up against the Ref 1s but the latter were a gnats wotsits more engaging with my particular system/room. Mrs says I can have a pair of 305s when they're floating on the used market but somehow I think 2nd hand will be rare as hens teeth!

Will post pics of my system in due course.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Any chance of another shot showing both speakers?
Just about got them in as I don't have a wide lens, I did have them closer together in line with the chimney breast but felt they needed to be further apart, now one is maybe too close to the rack, Mr AE will no doubt advise.

Acoustic Energy 305's by Barry JP, on Flickr

G

That really is quite something - both room and system. I think Paul needs to steal a couple of your pictures for his web site - nothing sells kit as well as pron like this.

Just about got them in as I don't have a wide lens, I did have them closer together in line with the chimney breast but felt they needed to be further apart, now one is maybe too close to the rack, Mr AE will no doubt advise.Acoustic Energy 305's by Barry JP, on Flickr

D

Dayvan cowboy

That's made me want to get the duster out , I want my room that pristine :p

lovely btw

Just about got them in as I don't have a wide lens, I did have them closer together in line with the chimney breast but felt they needed to be further apart, now one is maybe too close to the rack, Mr AE will no doubt advise.

Acoustic Energy 305's by Barry JP, on Flickr

yoda900

Wammer Plus
Sep 20, 2005
Cheshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Lovely system and room. Now tell us where you actually live in the house.

I will not be showing this to SWMBO other wise all my "spare" kit will have to go :nerves:

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Lovely system and room. Now tell us where you actually live in the house. I will not be showing this to SWMBO other wise all my "spare" kit will have to go :nerves:
:D Well that of course that is my room, the rest of the house is similar though , a place for everything and all that.

Now the kids bedrooms are something else entirely :doh: just keep the doors shut is best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles