Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi ...

Didn't see a thread for Qacoustic's owners. So I started one :)

I have a all Qacoustics HT system of the concept 40's and concept centre as fronts. And the q7000i speaker package and sub as rear and surrounds. The main front two concept 40's are driven by a parasound halo integrated amp, out of the pre amp outputs of a marantz SR6011. I use the inbuilt dac of the parasound amp for music in 2 channel mode apart  from the HT for movies. And it all sounds lovely to my ears. 

The concept 40's were my first ever proper hifi purchase. And despite having a PMC twenty 26 driven by a devialet amp. I still find the concept 40's holding their own in comparison. I would have probably gone for the concept 500's if I hadn't bought the PMC's already. That is how good I think Qacoustics are.

And a great brand still in the making, with a sound that has already arrived with a bang. So if you own any Qacoustics stuff or like the brand. This is the place to ramble away . Cheers :)

• Upvote
Reactions: eddie-baby

newlash09

newlash09
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks hifinutt...

Even I was surprised on not finding one here. Never too late to start a good thing going :)

nhojsllih

Wammer
Oct 14, 2018
Isle of Wight
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have concept 20 speakers at the moment and really enjoy them.

However, I have a pair of Concept 500’s on order, due to be delivered this week!  Watch this space for more on these when I get them up and running :)

• Upvote
Reactions: eddie-baby

newlash09

newlash09
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have concept 20 speakers at the moment and really enjoy them.

However, I have a pair of Concept 500’s on order, due to be delivered this week!  Watch this space for more on these when I get them up and running :)
Wow..that's great news. Hearty congratulations on your purchase. Really glad you are going for the concept 500's, they get glowing reviews everywhere I read. Will look forward to your listening impressions :)

Reactions: nhojsllih

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Re the Concept 500, I read recently that they’ve introduced a black or white finish, for about £500 less than the launch duo-tone finishes.  I suspect the originals may not have suited conventional tastes, and the price cut is rare these days.  

I hope there is some take up for these, because brand snobbery can be evident, despite the results. 

Also looking forward to a review from John in due course!

nhojsllih

Wammer
Oct 14, 2018
Isle of Wight
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have ordered the Black Gloss/Rosewood finish, as I think it looks superb!  They are due to arrive today hopefully, direct shipping from Armour (91kg parcel apparently!).

I will post up initial thoughts while they are running in and some pics :)

Best regards,

John

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have ordered the Black Gloss/Rosewood finish, as I think it looks superb!  They are due to arrive today hopefully, direct shipping from Armour (91kg parcel apparently!).

Best regards,

John
I hope you get some help, unless you’re a retired Mr Universe!  I found that manhandling mine was only possible with care and practice. (I’d had demo ones first).  You chose the best finish I think!

newlash09

newlash09
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Re the Concept 500, I read recently that they’ve introduced a black or white finish, for about £500 less than the launch duo-tone finishes.  I suspect the originals may not have suited conventional tastes, and the price cut is rare these days.  

I hope there is some take up for these, because brand snobbery can be evident, despite the results. 

I agree there is lots of brand snobbery in this hobby. Like I for one have never considered cambridge audio. So even iam at fault. But that is why most companies have a budget range in my opinion.  Having lived with 2 sets of qacoustics speakers, and loving them to bits. Iam now a fanboy of sorts. So the brand snobbery wouldn't be there when it comes to qacoustics for me. But it would continue to be there for other brands I guess.

newlash09

newlash09
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

I agree there is lots of brand snobbery in this hobby. Like I for one have never considered cambridge audio. So even iam at fault. But that is why most companies have a budget range in my opinion.  Having lived with 2 sets of qacoustics speakers, and loving them to bits. Iam now a fanboy of sorts. So the brand snobbery wouldn't be there when it comes to qacoustics for me. But it would continue to be there for other brands I guess.

nhojsllih

Wammer
Oct 14, 2018
Isle of Wight
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They are here and in place. I've not moved them around much yet to compare how they respond to position, but they are already sounding splendid.  Some running in will be required I am sure, but even out of the box I can tell they are something special.

More to come on these speakers soon....  For the time being, here are a few pics :)

fullsizeoutput_3ff2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3fef.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3ff4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3ff5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3ff8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3ff1.jpeg

newlash09

newlash09
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just went wow :D

hearty congratulations and they do look splendid dripping in gloss. Please do let us know how they sound, once you have listened a bit. Thanks :)

• Upvote

ChemMan

ChemMan
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Brussels
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just went wow :D

hearty congratulations and they do look splendid dripping in gloss. Please do let us know how they sound, once you have listened a bit. Thanks :)
I loved them except for the big bass that scared the hell out of me for my echo chamber of a room. :)

He has nice carpeting and think curtains, I reckon he is set.  What a great speaker.

• Haha
Reactions: newlash09

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They look great, but surely they need a bit more air around them than that?  Maybe it’s my eyes, but are those ornaments on top, in the last picture?  If so, that’s asking for a buzz or rattle, but maybe the cabinets are so inert it’s not a problem!  

Happy listening!

Last edited by a moderator:

newlash09

newlash09
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They look great, but surely they need a bit more air around them than that?  Maybe it’s my eyes, but are those ornaments on top, in the last picture?  If so, that’s asking for s buzz or rattle, but maybe the cabinets are so inert it’s nit a problem!  

Happy listening!
I would agree with Nopiano. I think they might need more space behind them. My much smaller concept 40's, boom noticeably when pushed up less than 45cms from the rear wall

nhojsllih

Wammer
Oct 14, 2018
Isle of Wight
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would agree with Nopiano. I think they might need more space behind them. My much smaller concept 40's, boom noticeably when pushed up less than 45cms from the rear wall
Hi guys.  I am a couple of weeks into these speakers now and they have been playing music around 12 hours per day :)

I do understand the comments about more space behind, but as per most folk, my living room does not lend itself to this, especially the right hand speaker as it is near the entrance to the room.  I could move the left speaker out more, but I prefer to keep them both at the same distance from the rear wall. They are about 10 inches out, which on talking to the dealer I bought them from, is about the minimum they have   used and had great results with.

I have not got any bass boom thankfully. This may be due to the fact that the room has tall ceilings (11 feet) and I have quite a lot of furnishings in here.  I am using them without any bungs in the rear ports too! 

They have changed quite a bit over the 2 weeks.  A few days in I started to worry a little, but they have mellowed  now and the sound staging has improved too.  I expect that they will continue to improve as they run in further, but for the time being all I can say is 'wow'.  These speakers have opened up my system to release such a realistic  musical experience.  I am totally in awe of these speakers and find myself constantly smiling :)

More to come as they age...

newlash09

newlash09
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wow...really happy for you nhojsllih. Glad they are working for you at that distance. As long as they sound good to you, nothing else matters of course. 

I love the smooth qacoustics house sound with incredible floor shaking bass. If I hadn't already bought the pmc's for my other setup.  I would have bought the concept 500's blind. In fact I prefer their sweetness to the neutrality of the pmc's in the mid range. Great speakers . I can only imagine how much  better the concept 500's must be sounding above my concept 40's

Enjoy :)

nhojsllih

Wammer
Oct 14, 2018
Isle of Wight
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They look great, but surely they need a bit more air around them than that?  Maybe it’s my eyes, but are those ornaments on top, in the last picture?  If so, that’s asking for a buzz or rattle, but maybe the cabinets are so inert it’s not a problem!  

Happy listening!
The cabinets are indeed very inert, even more so than the Concept 20s/40s.  The little ornaments don’t react at all no matter the volume, but they do help considerably with domestic harmony!  On the subject of volume, these speakers are great to listen to music even at relatively low volume, enabling instruments to shine and sound realistic within the mix. Things get better with a little more volume, as you would expect, but they are very special even when low. 

Still breaking in I reckon, but they are quite a way along this road.  Although they produce a weighty and deep bass, it is well controlled and doesn’t over power the music.  It also only appears when it’s in the music if you know what I mean, otherwise it is supporting all of the instrumentation in the mix :)   I am loving these speakers 🔊 

samd

Wammer
Dec 16, 2018
Chesterfield
AKA
Sam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wow...really happy for you nhojsllih. Glad they are working for you at that distance. As long as they sound good to you, nothing else matters of course. 

I love the smooth qacoustics house sound with incredible floor shaking bass. If I hadn't already bought the pmc's for my other setup.  I would have bought the concept 500's blind. In fact I prefer their sweetness to the neutrality of the pmc's in the mid range. Great speakers . I can only imagine how much  better the concept 500's must be sounding above my concept 40's

Enjoy :)
Hey there - long time no speaker!  Just signed up - first post in wifi forum since demise of What Hi-fi!  I am just waiting for my 500's to be delivered early next week - my Christmas present to me!  As I will sell my Concept 40s and it might be better to sell job lot with centre speaker, not sure what to partner the 500s with?